BRAND GENERAL MANAGER | APPAREL
|Job Title:||BRAND GENERAL MANAGER | APPAREL|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$250000 - AU$300000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gai Scarlett|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2018 15:40|
We are looking for a seasoned GM who brings cohesive people management skills and has a great understanding of what a successful culture could/should look like, whilst also making valid contributions to the product/design direction.
This is a collaborative position and links in with other head office functions - Buying, Design, Retail Ops, Marketing and Supply Chain.
As the business heads into 2018/2019 they require a creative thinker with a natural feel for product, is a true retail merchant, and knows how to trade successfully in an ever changing retail climate.
Maintaining the brands integrity by ensuring the in-store experience conveys this branded retailers value and purpose.
We are looking for candidates who has an in depth knowledge of the Australian Fashion Industry and with direct Woman's or Menswear experience.
This is a great role for an existing Brand Manager, ready for their next step into GM, or for an existing Apparel GM who comes with a strong commercial eye for product and one who understands buying or a design lead business.
- Provide a customer-focused, market-driven approach to strategic planning (know your customer, understand changing market variables)
- Lead strategic planning to identify new line expansion opportunities
- Set the Design direction in line with current seasonality cycle
- Involved in the achievement of growth targets and the overall financial performance of the brand
- Responsible for setting and achieving financial performance
- Develop processes and range plans to ensure efficiency's in the design/ development, buying and sourcing processes
- Cultivating a team culture to generate a fresh perspective
- Review design, production sales and delivery departments
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Pre-Production process, ensuring best practice in systems
- Lead the development of category tactics in the areas of assortment planning, pricing, promotions, replenishment and ranging
- Review merchandise performance on a regular basis
- Lead the definition of the customer and market parameters (profiling)
- Review the Marketing goals of the company including, planning, scheduling, budgeting and operational requirements
- Provide direction to the team to establish budgets, report on results and forecast as required
- Deliver sustainable financial results to the CFO in line with budget/forecast and market expectation
- Integrate the planning of sales, stock levels, stock turns, margins and mark-down for each category into annual budgeting processes
- Manage the product selection with agreed OTB
- Liaise with the CEO on key strategic and daily operational matters
To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate extensive retail apparel knowledge and its application. You will have a recent history of achievement throughout this industry and be known for your excellence in building internal and external relationships.
This role requires highly developed retail and product skills to complement your proven business and commercial acumen. First-class influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills are essential.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified. All candidate applications received by Scarlett Recruitment are treated in strict confidence.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Gai@scarlettrecruitment.com.au quoting Ref #7958.
For further opportunities: www.scarlettrecruitment.com.au.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's