Chief Customer Experience Officer
|Job Title:||Chief Customer Experience Officer|
|Location:||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2020 17:40|
A real Kiwi success story, Mitre 10 is approaching $2billion in turnover and can be found in almost every town in NZ. Operating since 1974 this highly trusted member-based business is New Zealand owned and operated, is the country's biggest home improvement and gardening retailer as well as a partner of choice for trade professionals.
With the arrival of a new CEO, this already successful group will further transition and grow through increased market share, opening of new stores, double-digit on-line growth, and an expanding supplier network - both locally and overseas. With a true customer first culture, the groups 6000 team are committed to proving the inspiration, advice, tools and materials their customers need to see their projects completed.
Based at the Albany support centre which houses over 400 support team, your prime responsibility is to identify, establish and manage the extensive Mitre 10 Group Trade, Commercial , Online & store network, and ensuring strategies are implemented uniformly throughout to deliver a seamless Omni environment optimising Member and Group profits.
This role really requires a fine balance of leading the operational functions that deliver Customer Experience across all channels (with the accountabilities and responsibilities that go with that), and the service-orientation of being able to offer leading customer experience solutions as needed to Members in a proactive way.
Leading a highly engaged merchandise team of 40 you will be accountable for:
- Developing and fully implementing an overall operational model and process to enable maximum efficiency in trade, commercial, services and online channels while optimising labour costs and ensuring sufficient resources and capability are in place to meet customer flow.
- Developing and implementing strategies, culture and process which reflect real customer service excellence (moments of truth)
- Design and implement a balanced score card of critical measures for stores to strive for.
- Ensure all operations are delivering leading customer experiences in all channels.
- Work with Support Centre and Member Principals to assess market growth opportunities.
- Introduce strategies to deliver premium customer service and in-store experience producing sustained commercial performance.
- Lead innovation and bring a fresh set of eyes, while challenging current process and practices.
- Act as a single point of contact for Member Principals and Support Centre on all retail, trade & service operational issues.
- Through your inspiration and leadership, foster a culture of openness and empowerment and ensure team engagement is always at the heart of the business
- Utilise a coaching style to provide clarity of expectations and empathetically approach development needs to ensure all team members are competent and confident
With extensive experience and knowledge leading large multichannel retail teams, the successful candidate will possess excellent communication and facilitation skills and combine commercial astuteness, high EQ and self-awareness along with demonstrated team building capability delivering high performance culture, highly engaged teams, a systematic approach and show a clear understanding of key business drivers.
In addition to the above you will also possess the following:
- Extensive retail knowledge and experience in a large progressive retail environment, ideally gained both in NZ and overseas
- Ability to take the CX insight to operational excellence ensuring a seamless experience across all channels is essential.
- Very strong retail store knowledge, from shop floor standards through to understanding the profitability levers, customer service dynamics, and methods to improve productivity and efficiency
- Capability to lead and oversee multiple large new site & business launches, as well as large refurbishment/rebranding projects
- Demonstrable success is Ecommerce and on-line.
- Ability to lead from the front, with a strong work ethic and team management skills, including people development capability
- Can constructively take stakeholders 'on the journey' by utilising a non-defensive style to take feedback on-board and achieve desired outcomes (influence without authority)
- Experience and success in a trade related retail sector is advantageous.
Mitre 10 offers an attractive executive salary package with incentives, along with great employee benefits and the chance to join a great team, a global organisation and to develop your career further. Relocation assistance is available.
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #9268. Telephone enquiries can be made to Garry Connell on +61292321710
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Perth CBD, Western Australia
AU$60000 - AU$75000.00 per annum + Super + Bonus
Assistant Store Manager - Leading Women's Fashion Retailer!
Canberra CBD, Australian Capital Territory
AU$50000 - AU$60000 per annum + Super + Bonus + Fab Discount!!
Assistant Store Manager
NZ$45000 - NZ$55000 per annum + KiwiSaver + Bonus
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Super plus Bonus