|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2018 16:39|
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Are you a Retail COO or CEO looking for your next challenge, with outstanding opportunity and great financial rewards?
- Rapidly expanding, highly successful Australian retailer with 300 stores in 15 counties?
- Drive results and efficiencies across Store Operations, Logistics, Ecomm, Store Design & Development and Loss Prevention. Melb based, Attractive Exec $$$ Package.
Arguably Australia's best retail success story this is an organisation that is really on a mission, to be the international market leader in their segment. This newly created role will report to the MD and drive results, expansion, cost and labour efficiencies and continuous improvement across 300 stores in 15 countries within women's fashion.
Specific areas of responsibility include Store Operations, Logistics, Ecomm, Store Design & Development and Loss Prevention in a culture where the standards are high, the pace is fast, and the focus is all about the customer.
Much of your time will be spent:
- Identifying and delivering profitable outcomes for the business through the provision of leadership, guidance and motivation.
- Constantly drive business improvement initiatives and design and implement policies/procedures to increase overall business efficiency and effectiveness
- Day to day tactical planning to ensure the delivery of the planned profit results
- International travel - 3 to 4 months of the year - across AsiaPac, Europe the UK and the USA.
It is mandatory that your background shows a strong record of achievement in a large retail organisation at either COO or CEO level. The majority of your early retail career will have been in store operations in a multi-site capacity, preferably in smaller speciality stores. Product will not be part of your initial portfolio so which sector of retail you've mastered is not essential. However, your broad business acumen, your ability to think quick and move from a strategic view to detail (and back again), to lead and inspire by example, to be results focused and have a history of achievement are all key. So too, is the ability to travel often (approximately 3 - 4 months per year) - both domestically and overseas.
Finally, you will be able to see the big picture, be strategic, commercial, self-disciplined, detailed and have high standards, along with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills. The ability to think laterally, challenge the status, install disciplines and procedures, ensure people are accountable together with excellent communication and problem solving qualities are also sought.
A very attractive Executive package together with an LTI that could see you accumulate some real wealth will be offered to ensure the role appeals to the right candidate.
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #8138.
Telephone enquiries can be made to Garry Connell on 02 9232 1710