Dispatch Team Leader
|Job Title:||Dispatch Team Leader|
|Location:||Beaconsfield, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||September 29, 2020 10:47|
About the company:
Sunshades is the premier manufacturer and distributor of eyewear in Australia and around the world, specialising in licensed designer brands such as Karen Walker, Oroton, Gucci, Saint Laurent and Le Specs. It is our goal to be admired nationally and internationally for our brands, our designs and our fun and professional approach to doing business. 'The Swiss are known for their watches, Italians for their Handbags, Australians will be known for their Sunglasses'.
About the Role:
We are looking for a well-organised, customer focussed and 'hands-on' - Dispatch Team Leader with supervisory Experience - A leader with a can-do, hands-on attitude with experience in multi-brand, high volume, single pick warehousing - who can forward plan the output of an extremely busy warehouse.
The role is full time based in our Warehouse in Alexandria.
- Leading a team of up to 20 full-time and casual personnel.
- Planning and coordinating the daily output of international, domestic and online customer orders.
- Responsible for leading a team tasked for all picking and packing functions in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Responsible for overseeing the timeliness of internal stock transfers to ensure customer orders are filled.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (customer sales support, merchandise planning) and external suppliers (freight carriers) to ensure the timely dispatch of orders.
- Monitors current transport rates and facilities to determine the most cost effective and efficient mode of transport.
- Responsible for the coordination of all matter relating to packaging and handling materials.
- Assists in the management of Workplace Health and Safety practices.
Key to this role is your strong organisation and leadership skills, developing key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders while continuing to manage and lead the picking, packing and dispatch functions.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong background in a 'hands-on' multi-brand, high volume, single pick warehouse.
- Ability to participate in all aspects of warehouse functions.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- A good understanding of dispatch requirements - compliance - shipping - transportation, distribution & documentation.
- A high understanding and implementation of Warehouse safety standards, WH&S.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills - Outlook, Work and Excel.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with a high level of operational organisation and planning capabilities.
To succeed in this role, you will be solutions driven & be able to multi-task whilst working under pressure, understand the dispatch process and all functions of warehousing activities.
How to Apply:
Click APPLY to submit your application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's