|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Location:||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2020 12:57|
A great opportunity to join a well-established Adelaide retailer who are experiencing solid sales growth and expansion. As part of a larger group with retail turnover of $1.5 billion plus a career path both locally and in other Australian states is real.
Reporting to an experienced CFO this busy hands-on role is responsible for the
delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting, budgeting, analysis, and financial recommendations to management. Specific duties include:
- Cash flow and FX management, and liaison with external banks.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and variance analysis
- Lead budget preparation, drive compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory accounting standards, policies, and procedures, including Lease, AASB16, and Aged Stock Provisioning.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly Board Reports.
- Produce monthly financial reporting for Store Managers, summarising the financial performance to date and providing explanations of key variances.
- All company taxation requirements (including BAS, PAYG, FBT and GST reporting).
- Work with external auditors and ensure follow up and implementation of matters arising
- Identify opportunities and implement improvements to the financial accounting systems to achieve efficiencies and improve the user experience
- Provide strong, pro-active leadership with a "hands on" approach to a small team.
- Empower all staff and encourage new innovative ideas
To be successful in this role you will need to be in a similar role now, have high level organisational and time management skills which results in the ability to meet deadlines, along with excellent verbal, written and numerical skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy. Experience in the profession is an advantage but not a must.
Finally, you possess relevant qualifications, be a pro-active lateral thinker who is takes pride in what they do and has the ability to cope with changing work demands in a fast-changing environment.
Please reply to Garry Connell - email preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 9439.