Garment Technician - Intimates
|Job Title:||Garment Technician - Intimates|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2019 11:00|
- SUPPLIER TO MAJORS
- GLOBAL TEAM
- SALARY CIRCA $70k
- SYDNEY BASED
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Fashion: Global Wholesale supplier of Intimates, Sleepwear and Childrenswear are looking to expand their Australian HQ.
With a growing demand for their products, they are keen to build a supportive team to keep their business top in their market - producing well price pointed on trend intimates, sleepwear & kidswear.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Technical Developer, you will support the Sales and QA teams across specifications - measurements, fabrics, trims, details, labelling, CAD's and technical instructions. Strong knowledge in pattern-making, fitting, building product specifications and working directly with China on development is essential.
To deliver in this role, you will have a proven ability to interpret market trends as well as excellent communications skills (Chinese speaking advantageous - but not essential) you will be working with a global team and offshore factories - so clear instructions are vital.
Your aim will be to maintain quality across the brands and ensure development meets scheduled dates and delivery windows.
- Liaise with offshore factories - daily
- Tech Pack & Specification Development - wires, shapes, pads, fabrics, components and specific labelling requirements and measurements.
- Maintain style, fabric & trim library
- Update style & fit amendments with factories - manage counter samples
- Maintain development critical path
- Issue technical packs & manage development sign off & handover to production.
- Maintain quality standards
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Stay up to date with trends & new techniques.
- Overseas trips to factories to maintain standards and factory communication
To be considered for this role you will need to come from a similar role as a Garment Tech / QA in Intimates, Sleepwear, Lingerie, Bra construction or Swimwear - with good garment construction / tech pack knowledge.
- Pattern-making knowledge, specifications,
- Fitting skills
- Illustrator (ideal but not essential)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced INTERMEDIATE level candidate with lingerie and intimate's development experience. What we are looking for is a self-starter who is switched on and organised and keen to build on their skills supporting a small team in a fast-paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Sponsorship may be available to a candidate with relevant experience and skill-set.
Please provide all Visa details with your application.
MANDARIN / ENGLISH - speaking skills ideal
Click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on: 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's