Garment Technician / QA
|Job Title:||Garment Technician / QA|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2019 13:51|
I'm working with several Australian Fashion businesses who are currently looking for Garment Technicians of all levels - retailers & wholesalers looking to build their technical teams.
My clients take pride in their people, whilst creating strong supportive teams to keep their businesses top in their markets.
ABOUT THE ROLES
As Technical Developers & Fit experts, you will lead & provide detailed technical information managing the garment fit & product life-cycle process through to sign off on Fashion Apparel or Sports Technical & Swimwear.
I have positions available across womenswear, menswear & kidswear in the above sectors.
To deliver in these positions, you will have a proven ability working within one or more of these categories, as well as a strong connection to factories to achieve desired fits and standards.
- Manage product life-cycle of sector
- Specifications / measurements & tech packs
- Accountable for the fitting of all samples in the division and providing comments to suppliers in agreed time-frames, in-line with the critical path
- Provide all comments relating to fit, construction, and quality of each garment ensuring the garment is fit for purpose and standards in construction & fabric are adhered to.
- Responsible for organising fabric / Print / colour tests where required to ensure the durability and fit
- Maintain standards outlined in the supplier manual to cover quality control, procedures and construction guidelines
- Work closely with Design & Buying teams on styling and approvals
- Assist in managing supplier relationships as required
- Resolve any QC issues, Minimise faults with factories as required
- Accountable for maintaining fit logs, records and grading/ measurement charts
- Clear communication with all suppliers
To be considered for this role you will need to come from a similar Garment Technician / QA role with a strong understanding of Garment construction and working directly with factories on development.
You will also have a strong understanding of compliance, Australian Standards and testing proceedures
- Specifications, grading
- Fitting skills
- Illustrator (ideal but not essential)
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents or candidates with applicable Visas) with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide a cover letter & all Visa details with your application.
Click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on: 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's