|Job Title:||Garment Technician|
|Location:||Sydney, New S. Wales, Australia|
|Salary:||attractive salary pkg|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2019 20:04|
GARMENT TECHNICIANS / DEVELOPERS (Apparel) of all levels
My clients are retailers & wholesalers who take pride in their people. They are ethical and have sustainable practices in place. They are looking to create supportive teams to enhance their culture & values.
ABOUT THE ROLES
As Garment Technical Developers & Fit experts, you will support or lead (depending on your experience) & provide detailed technical information managing the garment fit & product life-cycle process through to sign off on (Fashion or Corporate Apparel)
I have positions available across Womenswear & Menswear in the above sectors.
To deliver in these positions, you will have a proven ability working within these categories, as well as a strong connection to factories to achieve desired fits and standards.
- Manage product life-cycle
- Specifications / measurements & tech packs
- Accountable for the fitting of all samples and providing comments to suppliers in agreed time-frames, in-line with the critical path
- Provide all comments relating to fit, construction, and quality of each garment ensuring the garment is fit for purpose and standards in construction & fabric are adhered to.
- Responsible for organising fabric / Print / colour tests where required to ensure the durability and fit
- Maintain standards, quality procedures and construction guidelines
- Work closely with Design & Development teams on fit approvals
- Assist in managing supplier relationships as required
- Resolve any QC issues, Minimise faults with factories as required
- Accountable for maintaining fit logs, records and graded/ measurement charts
- Clear communication with all suppliers
To be considered for this role you will need to come from a similar Garment Technician / QA role with a strong understanding of Garment construction and working directly with factories on development.
You will also have a strong understanding of compliance, Australian Standards and testing proceedures
- Specifications, grading
- Fitting skills
- Illustrator (ideal but not essential)
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents or candidates currently in Australia with applicable Visas) and the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide a cover letter & all Visa details with your application.
Click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on: 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's