|Job Title:||Garment Technologist|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 18:49|
- CONFIDENT 'HANDS ON' DECISION MAKER
- FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Inspired by global trends in art, film, music and theatre as well as couture & runway, this business celebrates women and offers a constant array of Statement Pieces to Everyday Dressing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Garment Technician with strong Womenswear Garment Construction skills, this position will see you coordinating development across a variety of categories across the business and see you driving the quality and fit to ensure standards are met and exceeded through all stages of the product life-cycle process.
You will work closely with design to ensure the 'handwriting' is preserved, whilst also ensuring approved product can be reproduced in a bulk environment.
Your prime responsibility will be to ensure garments produced satisfy quality standards in terms of fit, construction, detailing and workmanship.
- Work closely with design teams to evaluate design and build range
- Prepare garment & size specifications - Excel / Tech packs
- Strong quality & technical background - Inspect, fit samples for workmanship & specification
- Pattern-making knowledge ideal - Fit all garments & relay comments & changes to factories
- Prepare and approve graded specs
- Coordinate care labels; wear testing and fabric testing (review and approve fabric test reports)
- Adhere to critical path and maintain time-lines
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Min 3-5 year's experience in technical pattern development
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of garment construction, fitting and grading
- Strong fitting skills & communication with suppliers
- Critical path management - Deadline driven
- Strong knowledge of fabrics and finishes
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Strong understanding of sample process & labelling requirements
- High quality standards
CULTURE & BENEFITS
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior garment technologist with great personal skills to join an exciting & fast-paced fashion environment.
A collaborative and valued team environment is on offer with training and development opportunities and generous staff discounts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application
click APPLY NOW and attach a Word Doc. resume and your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please call Colette on 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website https://www.tshr.com.au/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's