Head of Design
|Job Title:||Head of Design|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Hayley Martin|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2019 09:42|
HEAD OF DESIGN - WOMENSWEAR
In this role, you will be part of the leading force in providing the creative vision and direction for this coolly stylish & uniquely expressive womenswear label.
Your in-depth design skill & vision will ensure that each style remains true to the brand aesthetic... but your NEW essence will draw in new attention and create an even bigger impact in the market place.
The responsibilities of this role will include formation of new ideas and concepts through comprehensive international research and trend forecasting. As a result you will produce a cohesive assortment of styles in line with market expectations.
Relying on a thorough knowledge of the creative processes involved in apparel design you will be accountable for creating tasteful commercial seasonal ranges. You will achieve sales through continual design, development and innovation in line with agreed range plans, market direction and financial expectations while ensuring brand integrity.
You will also lead, mentor and develop a highly skilled and dedicated team of designers and assistants to ensure they produce the best possible product mix of styles in line with market expectations. The ability to understand the competitive nature of this market whilst continuing to design innovative merchandise is of key importance.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience as a creative head designer in a similar market
- Strong design vision & illustration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- A self-confident ability & skills to be able to network across all levels of the business to build strong relationships and strengthen partnerships.
- Up to date style and market trend information.
- A positive attitude and enjoy a challenge.
- Knowledge of the Local & International apparel industry, key elements of product styling, design trends, and key functional features and technologies plus strong styling skills.
- A good understanding of patterns, construction and fit.
- Achieved as a Head designer or creative director in a similar business
This role requires a self motivated person who can think and act
creatively to develop and implement the brands vision and to ensure the business achieves its budgeted targets from short through to long term goals.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting S9176HM or call Hayley on 82235300
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's