Head of eCommerce - USA
|Job Title:||Head of eCommerce - USA|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Houldey|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2019 17:28|
Head of eCommerce - USA
You will assist in developing e-Commerce strategies and build the international marketplace in conjunction with the overall business strategy of the company. Developing and maintaining the online business. Working with key people within the organization as well as external 3rd party marketplace to achieve growth targets for the international expansion.
Ensuring constant update of new technologies & strategies to ensure the brand remains at the forefront of online. You will grow and execute the eCommerce technology strategy, ensuring outstanding software delivery to the business functions and customers. Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the US online store to ultimately increase conversions and enhance the customer experience online.
It is a pivotal role that will contribute to the evolution and success of an important country launch. If you're inspired by a new challenge and the thought of contributing to a new business in a significant way, then this is the position for you. In this role you will act as the business owner for assigned categories, maximising international marketplace business profitability and selection expansion opportunities.
You will be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
- Set KPI benchmarks from analytics and competitive analysis
- Analyse the e-commerce experience across desktop and mobile in order to improve conversions.
- Develop, drive and oversee the company's e-commerce platform from strategy development right through to implementation
- Plan, project manage and deliver creative e-commerce projects, managing the day to day details of projects
- Manage 3rd party marketplace relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds.
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
- Provide necessary reporting to quantify success and efficiency of digital promotions, paid campaigns, sales and traffic.
- Make data driven decisions, provide detailed ROI analysis and propose best practices or efficiencies to improve
- Owning and driving the commercial performance of the website, the ecommerce strategy and road map.
This position requires an applicant with skills in:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in retail, operations, product or program management, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of negotiations and delivering results.
- Must be able to travel to the US.
- At least 5 years' experience in a Digital/eCommerce management role.
- Demonstrated success in delivering online sales growth.
- Site development, technical and aesthetic expertise.
- Solid Omni channel retail experience.
- Experience in international ecommerce and developing international marketplace - ESSENTIAL.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects.
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development.
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools.
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
- Demonstrated experience in developing online strategy and development road maps.
- Analytical, must have proven experience with Google Analytics developing insights from data and responding accordingly to continually improve the customer experience.
- Be forward thinking, working on present day strategy as well as preparing for the rapidly evolving future of ecommerce.
- Natural curiosity to analyse and improve, with proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's