|Job Title:||Senior Designer|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Goumal|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2021 14:51|
Senior Womenswear Designer
FANCY RELOCATING TO A NEW COUNTRY, HOUSING AND VISAS WILL BE ORGANISED BY THE COMPANY!!!
Our client is a global fashion brand, known for designing comfortable chic pieces with a real warm and feminine feel. With a focus on integrity and community. They believe in feeling this sense of freedom, ease and joy in their every day, whether on holidays or not. Their objective has always been to become the go-to for beautifully designed, feminine pieces in timeless, flattering silhouettes that transport their muse to faraway places and dreamy destinations.
About the role:
The brand is looking for a unique Designer with an in-depth understanding of brand and a keen eye for trends and a comprehensive understanding of the industry. You will be a part of a global team, supporting the design department in its entirety.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design cohesively; ensuring each collection has a clear vision and identity that is consistently adhered to through all styles in the collection.
- In coordination with the Design team in Australia and Directors in Bali, responsible for planning, organising, and concept creation to deliver cohesive new collections in line with the brand's aesthetic.
- Design and instruct CAD drawings with detailed aesthetics to support range collection.
- Trend/colour/fabrication research appropriate for brand aesthetic.
- Source fabrics and implement fabric sourcing process and development, collate library.
- Working in collaboration with design, production team to ensure the new product design is interpreted and manufactured to the correct standard with adherence to Critical path or go to market.
- Assist with styling and merchandising the collection.
- Assist with photo shoots when required.
- Key seasonal reporting for design and wrap reports to the wider team.
- Make strategic design decisions to ensure you are designing a balance of shapes suited to both our commercial and forward customers.
- Work closely with the production team in Bali and product developer.
This position requires an applicant with skills in:
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5-10-year experience, with a diploma in a relevant field, an optimistic and hard-working attitude, and a passion for the fashion industry.
- Must have an understanding of the US and International Markets
- Must be able to travel Internationally (when permitted)
- Moving to Bali
- Work in a positive, encouraging, and collaborative environment
- Long-term position and growth opportunities for the right person
- They highly value work/life balance
- Staff clothing allowance
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent Design Diploma
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of design and range plan practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about the fashion industry, trends, and forecasting
- A global outlook
- Strong Computer Skills, including Word, Excel, In-design, Adobe, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong design, CAD, and technical skills
- Strong presentation, design, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Solution-driven and creative thinking.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Nicole Goumal email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's