|Job Title:||Senior Designer|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Goumal|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2022 17:04|
Our client is an online fashion brand that showcases bohemian-luxe garments and vintage-inspired collections for free-spirited wanderers. They are seeking a Senior Designer who is highly conceptual with a focus on timelines and the sales process. Ideally from a retail background and an understanding of Online Retail would be beneficial.
The brand is looking for a unique Senior Designer with an in-depth understanding of brand and a keen eye for trends and a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
In this role, you are responsible for executing seasonal garment designs in keeping with the brand identity. You will ensure all styles developed are in line with the seasonal creative brief, commercial fit standards, and financial objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design cohesively; ensuring each collection has a clear vision and identity that is consistently adhered to through all styles in the collection.
- In coordination with the Creative Director, you will be responsible for planning, organising, and concept creation to deliver cohesive new collections in line with the brand's aesthetic.
- Design and instruct CAD drawings with detailed aesthetics to support range collection.
- Trend/colour/fabrication research appropriate for brand aesthetic.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking
- design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create
- new concepts
- As required provide support to the Creative Director across all functions associated with the management of seasonal campaign shoots - including, model casting, location research, stylist bookings, and on the day planning, coordinating, and assistance
- Conduct seasonal handovers to Production to ensure samples are fitted, altered, assessed, and handed over complete to ensure the product is produced in line with design vision.
- Make strategic design decisions to ensure you are designing a balance of shapes suited to both our commercial and forward customers.
This position requires an applicant with skills in:
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5-10-year experience, with a diploma in a relevant field, an optimistic and hard-working attitude, and a passion for the fashion industry.
- Must have an understanding of the US and International Markets as well as Australia
- Superior knowledge of design and garment construction
- Must hold a degree or equivalent qualifications in Fashion Design
- Must have excellent hand sketching as well as Photoshop, Illustrator skills or InDesign computer skills
- Extremely well organized and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Long-term position and growth opportunities for the right person
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Nicole Goumal email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's