SENIOR MERCHANDISE PLANNER
|Job Title:||SENIOR MERCHANDISE PLANNER|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2020 09:34|
Established Fashion Wholesaler/Retailer keen to on-board a Senior Merchandise Planner to manage their 'Brands portfolio'. In this role you will work closely with the Brand & Product Manager to establish strategy and direction for each brand, building the forecasting of financial plans and inventory analysis & maintaining budgets and margins to ensure products across all categories are planned to achieve maximum gross profit.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Merchandise planning strategy & negotiation (including online strategy planning)
- Management of OTB
- Establish detailed buying plans according to seasonal and budgetary requirements
- Develop seasonal budgets in line with financial objectives
- Overseeing the planning and re-forecasting of key items and volume lines
- Anticipate consumer trends and determine style and quantity of goods to be purchased.
- Range Assortment Planning
- Seasonal Strategies by Category
- Reporting and overseeing complete weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual reports
- Financial Reporting - provide future purchase forecasts
- Analysis - review reports, interpret & provide recommendations for proactive or corrective actions to improve gross profit
- Oversee Inventory Management - monitoring of stock performance
- Communication - Build strong relationships with internal & external teams and develop effective client relationships
- Presenting at key business meetings, including OTB, CEO meetings and Strategy meetings
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Women's fashion Apparel planning experience
- Customer centric focus
- Minimum 7 years planning experience
- Strong retail and commercial acumen
- Experience achieving budgeted sales results in a high-volume environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Deadline driven and results focused
- Advanced knowledge & experience using excel as well as other reporting tools
The successful candidate will be able to clearly communicate their commercial retail acumen, analytical and tactical aptitude and will have a strong understanding of trends within women's fashion retail - planning.
Your expertise and proven success in PLANNING is essential to the continued success & promotion of the Brands portfolio. Your key attributes will include a high level of energy and enthusiasm and the ability to work collaboratively and lead by example.
Please note, only successful candidates will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents or candidates with applicable Visas) with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
APPLY NOW by attaching a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher & Gai Scarlett. Please provide a Cover Letter & all relevant Visa details with your application.
Note: Due to travel restrictions this role is only open to candidates currently based in Sydney. For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au