Senior Womenswear Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Womenswear Designer|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Goumal|
|Job Published:||October 21, 2021 13:26|
Senior Womenswear Designer
Our client is a global Womenswear brand, who likes making fun fashion, that works for bold, aspiring, and fashion-forward women. The brand is looking for a unique Senior Designer with an in-depth understanding of brand and a keen eye for trends and a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
In this role, you are responsible for executing seasonal garment designs in keeping with the brand identity. Ensuring the successful translation of design concept through to SMS and then final handover to the production department. You will ensure all styles developed are in line with the seasonal creative brief, commercial fit standards, and financial objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design cohesively; ensuring each collection has a clear vision and identity that is consistently adhered to through all styles in the collection.
- In coordination with the Design team in Australia and the Creative Director, you will be responsible for planning, organising, and concept creation to deliver cohesive new collections in line with the brand's aesthetic.
- Design and instruct CAD drawings with detailed aesthetics to support range collection.
- Trend/colour/fabrication research appropriate for brand aesthetic.
- Assist with the development of concept/direction for each season, ensuring thorough research has been done to identify key trends relevant to Brand DNA
- Source fabrics and implement fabric sourcing process and development, collate library.
- Working in collaboration with design, production team to ensure the new product design is interpreted and manufactured to the correct standard with adherence to Critical path or go to market.
- As required provide support to the Creative Director across all functions associated with the management of seasonal campaign shoots - including, model casting, location research, stylist bookings, and on the day planning, coordinating, and assistance
- Conduct seasonal handovers to the Production Department to ensure samples are fitted, altered, assessed, and handed over complete to ensure the product is produced in line with design vision.
- Make strategic design decisions to ensure you are designing a balance of shapes suited to both our commercial and forward customers.
This position requires an applicant with skills in:
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5-10-year experience, with a diploma in a relevant field, an optimistic and hard-working attitude, and a passion for the fashion industry.
- Must have an understanding of the US and International Markets
- Superior knowledge of design and garment construction
- Must hold a degree or equivalent qualifications in Fashion Design
- Must have excellent hand sketching as well as Photoshop, Illustrator skills or InDesign computer skills
- Extremely well organized and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Long-term position and growth opportunities for the right person
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Nicole Goumal firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's