Workplace Health and Safety Specialist
|Job Title:||Workplace Health and Safety Specialist|
|Location:||Inner Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||November 08, 2018 15:40|
About the company
The client is a leading Australian fashion retailer with stores across Australia and internationally.
About the role
The Work Health and Safety Specialist role is a newly created role to focus on the development and implementation of WHS practices, programs and training both domestically and internationally. This is a 12 month contract with the potential to be extended.
This role is full time and based in Richmond close to public transport. No parking available onsite, but subsidised street parking is available.
Duties & responsibilities
- Review, enhance and implement the Company's WHS management system
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace
- Drive the WHS Risk Management process across the Company including Head Office, Warehouse and Retail Stores
- Risk and Hazard Management including workplace auditing and compliance activities
- Ensure workplace auditing activities including inspections, hazard/near miss reporting and risk assessments
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Act as an advocate in relation to the implementation and continuous improvement of workplace health and safety
- In collaboration with the HR team, develop and continuously improve training packages for employees
- Provide training and guidance for WHS committees and coordinate their reporting
- Prepare and deliver appropriate training and education materials including induction materials
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics (including incidents, injuries and hazards)
- Prepare monthly Board report
Skills & experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role
- Retail experience is not essential, but highly regarded
- Full understanding of Australian health and safety legislation, standards and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's licence and own car, to travel to stores to conduct WHS audits
What is on offer?
- A great working culture
- Generous salary
- Very collaborative and innovative culture in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Generous employee discounts and benefits
- Subsidised car parking
- New offices located in Richmond, close to public transport
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel Walker-Cole, 02 9023 1013.