|Location:||Ultimo, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Helen Shields|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2022 12:18|
As our Buyer you will work closely with the Buying and Planning Manager, Planner and
CEO to select and source the best products and deliver successful ranges in wearable shapes
and styles that our customers will LOVE!
The Buyer will manage the end-to-end development and on time delivery of our products,
managing the critical path and maximising revenue and profits.
What key responsibilities
- Develop and deliver on trend ranges for the customer that meet price,
- fashionability and quality expectations.
- Work with the Buying Manager to set seasonal budgets, category plans and option
- Be the champion for product across the business and clearly communicate the product
- strategy to all relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the buying team across the business and communicate on behalf of the
- buying team the necessary information other teams require to do their jobs effectively.
- Collaborate with the creative team to communicate product features and benefits in a
- timely manner, aligned with the marketing calendar objectives so they can in turn
- communicate this best to our customer.
- Continuously monitor sales and identify styles to develop and repeat.
- Manage slow moving stock and work with Buying and Planning Manager to put in
- place strategies to promote sell-through including markdowns and promotions etc.
- Identify opportunities for growth & range expansion.
- Manage the critical path from product development to delivery, ensuring styles are
- delivered on time and on budget.
- Work in partnership with our vendors to negotiate cost prices, payment terms and
- deliveries and manage product quality.
- Monitor trends across social media, competitors, influencers & celebrities to develop
- and launch must have products at the right time.
- Work with our China based sourcing agent to source and select the best prints.
* Qualifications in Fashion Design, Textiles or Fashion Business
* Garment construction knowledge
* Working knowledge of MS Excel - comfortable with simple analysis and working with large amounts of data
* Experience with Google docs and G-suite
* Strong Retail maths skills
* Collaborative - sees our Vendors as key partners in executing the product vision.
* Liaising with suppliers, particularly in China
* Calm under pressure - able to deal with different product timelines and competing priorities.
* A genuine love, borderline obsession with fashion.
* Has a creative eye and fantastic attention to detail
* Naturally takes ownership of results and proactively drives improvement.
* Has a strong work ethic that is committed to delivering results
* Team player - shared responsibilities and supports the wider team to get things done.
* Prior career path progress from BA to AB, JB and Buyer.
* At least 2 years' experience as a Junior Buyer minimum.
* Previous experiencing working within an E-commerce highly desirable,
* Prior experience with vertical sourcing
Capabilities we look for…
* Acts with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything they do
* Brings good vibes to the people around them
* Relentless focus on the end game
* Delivers with entrepreneurial mindset
* Naturally curious
* Thinks forward, reflects back
* Positive disposition
* Ambitious but never arrogant
* Lives the values of the Brand
* Rides through change like a boss!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's