RETAIL BUYER & MERCHANDISE PLANNER
|Job Title:||RETAIL BUYER & MERCHANDISE PLANNER|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$90 - AU$120000.00 per annum + Generous staff discounts|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||May 27, 2019 10:25|
- Design Led, Contemporary Australian Retailer
- Strategically Build Product Mix
- Fun Positive Attitude
- Circa $100k
Reporting to the Head of Merchandise Planning of this long established Australian Retailer - you will be knowledgeable across all aspects of Retail Buying & Planning activities to ensure product mix drives sales and achieves gross margin and inventory goals. The role will see you implement & develop categories in-line with strategic analysis and recommendations.
The key responsibilities of the Retail Buyer and Merchandise Planner will be:
- Buying and Merchandise Planning Strategy Negotiation of purchases
- Management of Open To Buy (OTB)
- Establishes working plans acdording to seasonal and udgetary requirements
- Anticiaptes comsumer trends and determins style and quantity of goods to be purchased.
- Range Assortment Planning
- Seasonal Strategies by Category
- Reporting - complete weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual reports
- Analysis - review reports and interpret for merchandise and management team in addition to providing recommendations for proactive or corrective actions to improve gross profit
- Inventory Management - monitoring of stock performance
- Distribution - liaise with distribution sources and communication of distribution plans or issues to buying team and stores
- Communication - liaise with merchandise, distribution and stores teams and advise on stock key activities
- Weekly Trading Plans - working with the VM and Marketing teams on future promotions to ensure budgets are achieved
- Financial Reporting - provide future purchase forecasts
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Preferably Degree qualification in a relevant field, for example, Finance, Business or Retail related
- Minimum 5 years Retail Buying and Merchandise planning experience within a retail or wholesale industry
- Strong retail and commercial acumen
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel as well as other reporting tool
- Strong negotiation and communication skill
Your expertise and proven success in buying & planning is crucial in the continued elevation of this brand.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly communicate their commercial retail acumen, analytical and tactical planning aptitude and will have at least 5 years' experience within Fashion or General Merchandise.
Your key attributes include a high energy level, enthusiasm, and the ability to lead by example.
Please note, only successful applicants will be notified. All candidate applications received by Scarlett Recruitment are treated in strict confidence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents or candidates with applicable Visas) with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide a cover letter & all Visa details with your application.
APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's