Buyer / Designer - Swim
|Job Title:||Buyer / Designer - Swim|
|Location:||Beaconsfield, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Hayley Martin|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2018 14:01|
SWIM DESIGNER / BUYER
This iconic Australian retail brand prides itself on creating trend led designs for fashionable young women who embrace their femininity. As Designer/ Buyer on Swimwear you will be the leading force in providing the creative vision and technical innovation, ensuring this label remains true to its design philosophy.
A proven ability to identify and interpret market trends while ensuring the brands design signature is maintained and developed. Collaboration on seasonal forecasting of colour, trend and fabric direction.
As a Designer / Buyer your aim will be to maintain the quality and craftsmanship of the label by embracing the following tasks:
- Create modern, original and directional design concepts
- Setting and adhering to design deadlines
- Identify and interpreting market trends
- Creating seasonal ranges and monthly injections
- Appropriate selection of fabrics to meet margins, delivery windows and quality standards
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers
- Analysis and reporting on market trend-setting themes and colour palettes
- Sourcing trims, fabrics, graphics and detailing
- Co-ordinate sampling process
- Pre-production fittings and approving samples
- Strong hand sketching along with Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Strong style aesthetic & eye for trends
- Able to work autonomously, but also have the ability to liaise with all levels of the business
- Regular international travel
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to offer a point of difference with your extensive swimwear design history.
Understanding the competitive nature of this market whilst continuing to design innovative merchandise is crucial to the ongoing success of this brand.
To achieve this necessitates a good understanding of the companies customer, a clear view on fashion and upcoming trends (including colour and styling) as well as an ability to commercially select fabrics and design merchandise, working within the company's sourcing and manufacturing capabilities.
Please note, only successful applicants will be notified. All candidate applications received by Scarlett Recruitment are treated in strict confidence.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting S83672HM
For further opportunities please see our website www.scarlettrecruitment.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's