CATEGORY / SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
|Job Title:||CATEGORY / SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||Base + Car Allowance - Attractive Pkg|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2020 01:23|
Supply Chain Manager - A specialist in the area of Supply and Procurement of Food and Beverage.
- Category Management - Food and Beverage + NPD, National Focus, Multi-site Business
- Career Progression Opportunity - Future Supply Chain Leader
- Strategic and Cross-functional role in the Supply Chain Management team
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will take on the management, sourcing and procurement of assigned categories which may include fresh and dry ingredients, sauces, flour, oil or beverages as well as contributing to the execution of New Product Development (NPD).
Your focus will be on the management of your suppliers, SLA's, new sourcing strategies to maintain competitive advantage, procurement and costs for your category and you will be supported by a team of analysts.
You will have solid knowledge in the management of relevant supply chains and the ability to provide leadership in development and procurement strategies, strong negotiation skills, knowledge of standards, quality and handling processes, through to delivery and distribution to multiple sites.
We are ideally looking for a background in supply chain of food and/or beverage (fresh, frozen and dry). Key to your long-term success will be a strong track record of building relationships and key networks with internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend and execute supply strategies to deliver sustained advantage through ongoing category cost reductions, product development cycle times, and improved quality and service
- Manage negotiation and supplier contracts
- Develop, maintain, and manage strong supplier relationships and supplier performance
- Source and evaluate suppliers, manage trends in raw material pricing
- Manage end to end supply chain and daily operations of supply chain including QA, transport and distribution
- Work closely with New Product Development (NPD) Team and Marketing on calendar and new products, approvals, quality, standards and packaging
- Provide effective management reporting for development of the Annual Budget, Operating Plan and Strategic Plan
- Understand, investigate, and track key commodities and other cost drivers and their impact on input prices
- Source and recommend comparable suppliers, manage service standards
- Direct and approve production and procurement
- Ensure products are safe, of high quality and meet all standards, fit for purpose, cost effective and available
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management or related field
- 5-7 years' experience in a similar role, ideally within food and/or beverage
- Experience in fast paced Multi-Site Retail industry is ideal
- Demonstrated analytical approach with the ability to work with numbers and make data driven decisions based on category insights and industry trends
- Ability to take on high level responsibility
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a multi-site retailer offering progression and development.
If you are a leader with an adaptable and collaborative approach - fostering a positive team culture and you have a strong business acumen with previous demonstrated experience within supply chain (contracts and procurement) - FMCG, Pharmacy or ideally the supply of Food - fresh, frozen and dry; then please apply today.
Please note: This role is only open to Australian Permanent Residents
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY NOW - Attach a Word doc Cover Letter, Resume and all relevant details, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Please note, only successful candidates with relevant experience will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's