|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2019 17:16|
You will enjoy working in an environment that is based on collaboration, creativity and values. Established for 40 years, our client has 52 strategically located stores and has a strong reputation for product quality, customer service and in-house culture.
Reporting to the Chair and board your responsibilities will include:
- To lead the strategic and operational management of the company.
- Drive sustainable company sales, margin and profit growth and continually improve KPI's to industry standards.
- Management of all key functional areas including merchandise, retail operations, Planning, Finance and People &Culture.
- Updating the board on the implementation of agreed strategies, plans and business performance metrics.
- Ensuring adherence to standards for social, ethical and environmental practises.
- Providing inspirational leadership with responsibility for continual cultural improvement.
- Ensure technology resources are maintained and developed
- Manage relationships with key suppliers and contractors
- Manage leasing and site selection.
- Ensuring range development is well managed with the desired focus of private label.
To be successful for this role you will ideally have experience in a similar CEO/MD role within a smaller retail organisation or alternatively held a Head of Product role in a larger organisation. In either case preference will be given to those with a Textiles, homewares, apparel, or fashion background. Other attributes include:
- Effectively plan workload & prioritise tasks and achieve deadlines
- Be a clear communicator & negotiator with the ability to influence and work well with a variety of people
- Have strong leadership, management and coaching skills to develop others
- Commercial aptitude,stong negotiator, preferably with tertiary qualifications.
- Ability to balance creativity with retail commercial thinking
- Strong personal integrity who thrives in a non-hierarchical environment.
- Ability to direct and manage all key functional areas including merchandise, retail operations, Planning, Finance and People &Culture.
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #8776.