Chief People & Capability Officer
|Job Title:||Chief People & Capability Officer|
|Location:||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2020 17:06|
A real Kiwi success story, Mitre 10 is approaching $2billion in turnover and can be found in almost every town in NZ. Operating since 1974 this highly trusted member-based business is New Zealand owned and operated, is the country's biggest home improvement and gardening retailer as well as a partner of choice for trade professionals.
With the arrival of a new CEO, this already successful group will further transition and grow through increased market share, opening of new stores, double-digit on-line growth, and an expanding supplier network - both locally and overseas. With a true customer first culture, the groups 6,000 team are committed to proving the inspiration, advice, tools and materials their customers need to see their projects completed.
Based at the Albany support centre which houses over 400 support team your prime responsibility is to support the business to achieve its strategic intentions through organisational transformation.
Leading a highly engaged HR team of 30 you will be accountable for:
- Enhancing a strong employment brand and employee value proposition - attracting the very best talent to the business
- Creating a learning environment and culture where people work with a sense of purpose, agility, resilience and passion
- Driving change, creating value and making a positive impact for our people
- Partnering strategically with senior leaders in the business to identify future capabilities, so they can continue to deliver exceptional business outcomes
- Role modelling team-first leadership, demonstrating a compassionate and humanistic approach, promoting coaching and the value of self-development
With broad generalist human resources and organisational change background at executive level, the successful candidate will be expected to bring demonstrable strategic people experience along with the ability to drive a culture of high performance, collaboration and trust. You possess excellent communication and facilitation skills and combine commercial astuteness, high EQ and self-awareness along with a systematic approach and a clear understanding of key business drivers.
In addition to the above you will also possess the following:
- Development of commercially viable people solutions
- Proven track record of initiating and leading demanding business transformation programmes
- Demonstrated success in delivering best-fit, future proofed programmes to raise team capability
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering successful transformation programmes
- Familiar with modern agile principles and ways of working
- Compassionate and humanistic in approach
- Key influencer at all levels, able to bring people with you
- Very comfortable working with ambiguity
- Exceptional coaching, communication and transparent leadership skills
- Proven experience of developing solid stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence outcomes
- Sound understanding of NZ employment legislation and ER issues (desirable)
- Experience in Retail and Multisite (desirable)
Mitre 10 NZ offers an attractive executive salary package with incentives, along with great employee benefits and the chance to join a great team and a global organisation embarking on transition and exciting times. Relocation assistance is available
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #9266. Telephone enquiries can be made to Garry Connell on +61292321710
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's