Chief Solutions Officer
|Job Title:||Chief Solutions Officer|
|Location:||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2020 16:01|
A real Kiwi success story, Mitre 10 is approaching $2billion in turnover and can be found in almost every town in NZ. Operating since 1974 this highly trusted member-based business is New Zealand owned and operated, is the country's biggest home improvement and gardening retailer as well as a partner of choice for trade professionals.
With the arrival of a new CEO, this already successful group will further transition and grow through increased market share, opening of new stores, double-digit on-line growth, and an expanding supplier network - both locally and overseas. With a true customer first culture, the groups 6000 team are committed to proving the inspiration, advice, tools and materials their customers need to see their projects completed.
Based at the Albany support centre which houses over 400 support team your prime responsibility is to lead the differentiation strategy to ensure Mitre 10 NZ have the most innovative and inspirational home improvement product ranges, services and solutions, which drive trade , commercial and eCommerce & in-store sales to optimise Member profitability.
Leading a highly engaged merchandise team of 60 you will be accountable for:
- Build strong trade partner connection and communication to ensure Mitre 10 is truly the partner of choice first go to partner to launch new or help invest with in experiential customer innovation.
- Develop a forward-facing customer occasion merchandise management, being fascinated on customer solutions at the heart of our ranging decisions including in-house and external services to ensure the customer secures the total solution they are looking for not just products.
- Review existing Terms of Trade contracts to ensure they reflect current market supplier/retailer procedures for conducting business.
- Develop "Best of Class" process to support Category Managers and ensure they have the tools to operate at a superior level.
- Create and manage the process for the roll out of new products or categories so the organisation can implement changes efficiently and with improved velocity.
- Develop and lead the differentiation strategy for Mitre 10 to ensure our products services and solutions lead the market and maximise profitability.
- Liaise with Supply Chain for Mitre 10 to optimise cost and availability for the Membership while supporting the development of the future facing supply chain capability.
- Take personal accountability maximisation of LTI, PDF and overall gross margin achievement for the Co-operative.
- Continual Improvement of Space and Inventory efficiency.
- Maximise Promotional performance and return
With extensive experience and knowledge leading large, merchandise & OS sourcing teams, the successful candidate will possess excellent communication and facilitation skills and combine commercial astuteness, high EQ and self-awareness along with demonstrated team building capability delivering high performance culture, highly engaged teams, a systematic approach and a show a clear understanding of key business drivers.
In addition to the above you will also possess the following:
- Extensive retail knowledge and experience, ideally gained both in NZ and overseas
- Experience of working across multiple functions
- Proven track record with demonstrated commercial and customer success.
- Extensive knowledge of private Brand development
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce
- Knowledge of trade or commercial business (desirable)
- Ability to lead from the front, with a strong work ethic and team management skills, including people development capability
Mitre 10 NZ offers an attractive executive salary package with incentives, along with great employee benefits and the chance to join a great team and a global organisation embarking on transition and exciting times. Relocation assistance is available
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #9267. Telephone enquiries can be made to Garry Connell on +61292321710