|Job Title:||Commercial Director|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2022 15:39|
Commercial, Finance and Innovation Director
- 2IC to MD - broad role includes Accounting, Commercial, Investment, HR, IT, Forecasting & Process Innovation matters
- Get Involved, Lead by Example, Be curious, ask why not - innovate and improve
- Small but profitable and expanding fashion House - wholesale, retail and online. Household name.
Reporting and supporting the MD this hands-on newly created role will be responsible for the management and reporting of the business's financial, stock, staff, compliance, internal and external contracts, and IT. This role will maintain a deep understanding of the company's consumer and external marketplace trends for innovative decision making.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Financial forecasting, stock forecasting, and financial modelling.
- Monthly & annual financial reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Stock Levels)
- Develop analytical reports to achieve improved decision making.
- Lead Monthly cross-functional review of Department Sales, Forecasts & Expenses.
- Preparation of weekly department KPI performance report & tactical plans.
- Maintenance of ERP Accounting System
- Financial compliance (Annual Tax Reporting, BAS, Workers Compensation Insurance, Payroll Tax, Superannuation, FBT, General Award Pay Rates).
- Manage relationships with banks, accountants, and other tax and compliance authorities.
- Contribution to driving core values of sustainability in an ethically focused design-led business.
- Leading business innovation and R&D projects.
- Deliver innovative commercial and procurement solutions.
- Being a leader in the business's strategic & creative thinking as part of a tight-knit team who are dedicated to achieving growth & process improvement.
- Drive value within the business through margin enhancement, lowering costs and working with Operations Director in driving operational efficiencies.
- Seasonal Open to Buy analysis and Seasonal Collection pricing.
- Develop analysis and recaps to help guide in-season actions and project for future seasons as directed by management.
- Maintenance of Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification.
- Review of Style SKU and Bar-codes for accuracy in pricing.
- Develop KPIs by department to gain insight into people performance
- Employee Contract preparation.
- Initiation and documentation of 6 monthly Head Office Staff Reviews.
- Maintenance of total business HR data (HR Summary).
- Creation of workplace and office policies.
- Negotiation and maintenance of commercial retail leases.
- Lead both large and small IT projects, to support the business's overall priorities.
You will have held a senior accounting role and have appropriate qualifications. Experience in a broad role that incorporates much of the above, preferably within a smaller company that requires a hands-on, lead from the front and get involved in as much as possible (or want to) would be ideal. Fashion experience preferred but not essential if you have a genuine interest in the sector, are a quick learner with a genuine collaborative style.
A competitive package will be tailored pending the level of experience you bring. Interested? Please provide a word Doc CV and direct to Garry Connell quoting Ref number 9864.
Due to volume of applications, only successful candidates will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence. Please note this role is only open to Australian Permanent Residents.