Commercial Merchandise Planning Manager
|Job Title:||Commercial Merchandise Planning Manager|
|Location:||South Yarra, Victoria|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||September 30, 2021 16:44|
This is not just your "usual" merchandise planning role where you're a small cog in a big wheel. Instead, our client has an exciting opportunity for someone who is enjoys what they do, has great presentation and communication skills and can therefore work closely with senior management, is eager to continue learning, is inquisitive and obviously strong in analysis and planning. This role transcends your traditional planning role and provides the right candidate the opportunity to be at the heart of commercial decision making for the team which you will support. We encourage applicants who may have predominantly strong commercial finance experience and who have had exposure to merchandise planning to also consider this rare opportunity.
With group turnover in excess of half a billion dollars, and close to 400 doors, there is plenty of room for your future career growth and promotion, this division sits within the broader framework of this rapidly growing group. You will be part of a small high performing team who act as key commercial planning support to the GM, design and production teams who they support, providing you with a day-to-day that is more diverse than you will find anywhere else.
Key aspects include:
- Development of Sales & GP plans, financial business plans and complete analysis of current and past seasons results to provide information and recommendations.
- Development of new season Merchandise Plans by brand, category and customer
- In- and Post- Season analysis
- Liaise with customers planning team to manage OTB, allocations, stock flow, replenishment
- Ensure brand achieves budgeted sales, gross profit and budgeted contribution margin
- Key stakeholder in the critical path, working closely with the production teams to drive mutually beneficial commercial outcomes with our customers.
- Present weekly, monthly & Seasonal planned & one-off eports to key
- Driving the profitability and growth of the division which you will support, using your astute merchandise planning ability to think outside of the box, and your desire to drive the medium to long term planning for the division you will support
Preferably degree qualified, you have at least 3 - 5 years in a merchandise planning, commercial finance analyst (with merchandise exposure) or inventory management role. You will have experience in using analysis to drive business decision making and reporting. You also have the capability to plan, read and interpret sales related financial reports, are proactive, team and customer focused. Excellent MS office skills are essential (advanced knowledge of Excel) and experience across working across several systems such as AP 21 and Data warehouse would be a plus! Communication skills (verbal and written) are critical as this role works closely with the executive management team. stores and the management team.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful Melbourne based Australian fashion business.
A competitive salary will ensure those with the right level of talent, positive attitude and a track record of achievement are encouraged to apply.
Please apply by sending a Word resume quoting job reference #9676 and your application will be directed to Garry Connell. Please note, only successful applicants will be notified.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's