|Location:||Rosebery, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Helen Shields|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2022 11:34|
Purpose & Scope:
Responsible for design conceptualisation and development from start to finished garment in line with the brand design aesthetic. The Designer will execute the agreed design direction in line with the critical path and design processes as established, measured, and monitored by the Director of Brands to achieve product excellence.
- Takes creative brief and develops designs for allocated ranges/seasons.
- Execute designs from concept stage through to proto and SMS.
- Interpret ideas from what is observed in innovative ways and integrate all research into thought process and design to ensure market leadership;
- Participate in field and conduct internet research to identify customer expectations, industry trends, competitive direction and current consumer perceptions;
- Ensure that designs are technically feasible, be able to be manufactured and achievable within strict FOB requirement parameters and within agreed timelines;
- Co-ordinate activities within the design and product development platform commencing with creation of Style numbers;
- Strict adherence to company Critical Path for each product development project;
- Responsible for all company graphic designs including timely delivery and execution of all projects;
Duties of Role:
- Ensure all design/graphics tasks are executed within the Critical Path timelines
- Present concepts by producing storyboard designs during the design development and sign off stages;
- Manage and communicate with offshore suppliers regarding all design/development and costings
- Produce accurate spec sheets including import packs for print, yarn, fabrics, trims, labeling and garments with detailed sketches;
- Lead the pre-production sample process;
- Ensure quality fitting and communicate comments to suppliers prior to bulk production
- Research, develop and in some cases test accessories and fabrics;
- Develop the overall look and design of range books, swing tags, presentation materials and point of sale merchandise;
- Produce creative designs and layouts for range books, brochures artwork requests and promotional projects for all company brands;
- Produce/assist in creative designs and layouts in conjunction with Sales and Marketing team for EDMs and brochures for all company brands;
- Participate in Concept Meetings;
- Conduct product presentations for sales teams/customers/buyers
- Participate in the preparation and attend industry tradeshows and events as required;
- Shop the market to follow emerging fashion trends and stay abreast of competition;
- Remain current in graphic art techniques and computer graphics software applications;
- Maintenance of the Design Printer, including the ordering of related consumables;
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time;
Skill & Attribute Criteria:
- A good eye for colour, pattern, shape and detail;
- A can do-do attitude
- Strong understanding of costing & margin structures.
- Strong technical knowledge & understanding of garment construction.
- Idea Generation - generating a number of different approaches to problems.
- Time management - demonstrated ability to meet assigned targets and deadlines consistently.
- Awareness of fashion trends and forecasts.
- Advanced skills in software applications Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adhere to production and design critical path;
- Accurate spec sheets are produced for import packs for print, yarn, fabrics, trims, labeling and garments with detailed sketches;
- Adhere to the pre-production sampling process;
- Develop skills in designing prints with ongoing innovations;
- Ensure designs are progressive and current for across all ranges and divisions;
Customer awareness knowledge - product design is relevant to sales requirements
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's