DESIGNER - PRODUCT DEVELOPER
|Job Title:||DESIGNER - PRODUCT DEVELOPER|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||Attractive Salary with Travel Opportunity|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2020 18:25|
- Refined, Girlish & Feminine Cult Label
- Couture finishes
- International Presence
An exciting and rare opportunity is now available with one of the most sought-after labels in Australia (as well as internationally). Their name radiates luxe fashion & caters for that special young 'It Girl' with a fun & whimsical spirit.
My Client is looking for a highly creative and driven Designer / Product Developer with experience in all facets of Design (including couture finishes) from concept, to sample approval, through to developing the product offshore. They are looking for someone who can work closely with the Creative Director in a collaborative manner and bring ideas regarding themes and inspiration to the table.
Working alongside the Creative Director, you will be required to carry out following duties:
- Create seasonal mood boards & original, directional design concepts within the design aesthetic
- Research, Identify and interpret market trends
- Work within design perimeters and adhere to design deadlines
- Create seasonal ranges, special projects & injections
- Analyse and report on market trend-setting themes and colour palettes
- Source, design & develop detailed trims, embroideries, graphics and details
- Co-ordinate tech pack & sampling process
- Pre-production fittings and approving samples
- Strong hand sketching along with Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Strong style aesthetic, a passion for artesian finishes & eye for trends
- An understanding of design & couture manufacture with the ability to transform ideas into workable designs
- Strong Communication skills and a collaborative 'hands-on' approach
- Garment Fitting skills & construction knowledge
To be considered you must have a minimum of 4 + years experience as a 'Designer' in a similar role (Womenswear or Girlswear - Design/Developer role) as well as a Fashion Degree.
You will be very driven and committed to a career as a fashion designer & possess a creative personal style. Having a love for fashion, an eye for colour and a creative, feminine & whimsical flair will see you succeed in this exciting new role.
Hand sketching, eye for colour and detail along with Adobe Creative Suite - essential.
Please note: A detailed 'Design Project' will form part of the selection process
This is a very exciting role & rare opportunity. To be considered please Apply Today!
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY NOW - Attach a word doc Cover Letter with your Resume & Small Relevant Design Folio (PDF 5 meg max). Your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Please note, only successful candidates with relevant experience will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Colette on: email@example.com
For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au