Designer / Buyer
|Job Title:||Designer / Buyer|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Hayley Martin|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 14:05|
My Client is a long established wholesaler of Accessories - Kids/Teens, Women's & Men's. They are looking for an experienced Buyer with strong creative design skills who can create Accessories within the teens/children's or women's market.
Strong communication skills are essential as you will be negotiating with overseas suppliers. To be considered for this role you will also need a strong understanding of Licensed products / brands - especially across the kids & teens market..
Experience in the Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator) is highly advantageous and traveling on buying trips would be an expectation of the role.
The company is constantly looking at expanding their ranges, so in the future the role may offer the opportunity to work on additional brands.
Key responsibilities include :
- Present monthly ranges to Buyers and key accounts and in conjunction with the Barcs team determine discontinued lines at the end of the season.
- Liaise with national sales team to advise of upcoming product drops and trends for the season to ensure in-store VM displays are standardized
- Assist with producing product catalogues and planograms in conjunction with the Director, develop new accounts
- Follow product life cycle through from development stage, to counter sample from suppliers, to customer sign-off, to production sample, to bulk delivery
- Work with planner to establish the OTB for the season
- Design products from buying trips/research - use Photoshop/Illustrator to communicate ideas to the overseas suppliers
- Work with overseas suppliers to obtain price competitive top selling ranges/samples
- Ensure that products designed meet QA requirements
- Track store sales each week to ensure budgets are met for the season
- Work closely with planner on sell thru & markdowns throughout the season
- Prepare and change store layouts and POS as required throughout the season
- Constantly look at expanding the range and developing additional brands
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting S8808HM or call 8223 5300
For further opportunities please see our website www.scarlettrecruitment.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's