|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Helen Shields|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2021 17:48|
Our Client is renowned for its exquisitely hand-embellished tutu dresses, capes and accessories. Based in Sydney, Australia, this brand has taken the world by storm since its inception in 2009 and is now celebrated as a Hollywood favourite
The Role The Designer is responsible for design conceptualisation and development from start to finished garment in line with the brand design aesthetic.The Designer will execute the agreed design direction in line with the Critical Path and design processes as established, measured, and monitored by the Creative Director, to achieve profitable growth for the business.
- Takes creative brief from head designer and develops designs for allocated categories.
- Executes designs from concept stage through to proto and SMS.
- Creates tech sketches in Illustrator
- Initiates and sees through all styles to commercial samples and hands over to the Production and Sales team.
- Inspiration research; creates concept and mood boards; produces trend boards with garment sketches and fabrics, trims.
- Performs research and development for design categories. Monitors competitors and performs market research.
- Applies findings from research to a seasonally relevant, cohesive collection that embodies the brand DNA
- Assists head designer with beading design and artwork approvals from creation to SMS approval stage.
- Manages beaded panel tracing approvals for Proto & SMS.
- Assists with print artwork edits, scaling and Vector prints.
- Assists Head Designer with accurate and thorough style set up of all styles in Makersflow (Cloud based production system)
- Innovative and highly talented: your portfolio is full of inventive designs, and you enjoy brainstorm sessions and developing initial ideas to sketches.
- An expert eye for detail, design, and accuracy.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- A can-do attitude, solution oriented.
- Great organization and communication skills, with the ability to liaise with different departments, keep within tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks.
- Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- 3+ years' experience in Apparel Design role with a strong knowledge of design principles.
- Understanding of Fashion and Consumer Trends.
- Understanding of the elements of fashion and textile design.
- Adobe Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Competent knowledge and working understanding of fabric and garment construction
- Sewing skills helpful and knowledge of couture/embellished garments
- Experience liaising with off-shore vendors
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #9727
Telephone enquiries can be made to Helen Shields on or email email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's