Finance Director (12 month contract)
|Job Title:||Finance Director (12 month contract)|
|Location:||Double Bay, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2021 14:28|
About The Beauty Chef
The Beauty Chef is a leading health and beauty brand in Australia with a growing presence internationally. The brand is currently stocked in over 200 accounts across Australia and internationally, namely- Sephora, David Jones and Adore Beauty. The Beauty Chef specialises in health and beauty products, that focusses on beauty from within.
The Beauty Chef lives and breathes wellness and is looking for a Finance Director. The role is full time and based in their office in Double Bay and close to public transport.
Please note that this is a maternity leave contract commencing approximately April 2021. The maternity leave contract will be 10 - 12 months.
About the role
The role of the Finance Director is to provide financial counsel and a solution oriented approach to the CEO & Creative Director all finance and commercial aspects of The Beauty Chef. The responsibilities also include Risk and Compliance Management for The Beauty Chef.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manages the day to day Company finances and budgets.
- Responsible for all financial reporting, modelling, balance sheets and P&L's.
- Monthly preparation of the regional and consolidated P&Ls and variance analysis.
- Manages the company's reporting, cash flow forecast and balance sheet items, ensuring adequate cash flow to meet business needs.
- Manage the accounting operations (A/R, A/P, Payroll and G/L) and month-end closing.
- Manages cost accounting, budgeting and oversees payroll.
- Reviews financial elements of commercial agreements with retail partners and suppliers.
- Directs the preparation, consolidation and distribution of all financial and statutory reporting including annual financial statements, statutory and taxation returns.
- Timely lodgment of - Quarterly BAS in Australia, Quarterly VAT in the UK, Quarterly California sales tax return (with Tax Studio) in the US
- Review and confirm preparation of the Activity Statement lodgment in Australia with PAYG payment.
- Review annual preparation of Fringe Benefits Tax return and ensure timely lodgment and payment.
- Participates as a part of the Leadership team.
- Works collaboratively across the business and broader Finance team to effectively share work in progress, plans, ideas and resources.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualification in a Business Degree.
- CA/ CPA qualified.
- Experience leading a small finance team.
The business is very supportive with numerous growth opportunities as the business continues to grow in Australia and internationally. The workplace is very team focussed, with all team members supporting each other to achieve the business objectives.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- The culture is team focussed and supportive.
- Very people focussed culture, dedicated to their employees and customers.
- Once a quarter the team do various team building activities such as, meditation classes and organic makeup classes.
- Generous product allowance.
We are PASSIONATE- Using our knowledge and insights to drive results
We are SUPPORTIVE- Encouraging personal and professional growth to set each other up for success
We are AUTHENTIC- Our care and consideration for our Brand as well as our team is genuine
The Beauty Chef is proud of their commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants for jobs will be considered on their abilities and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, family or carer's responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction, social origin or any other irrelevant distinction.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel Walker-Cole, 0422 163 400.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's