|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Location:||Double Bay, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2019 10:01|
About The Beauty Chef
The Beauty Chef is a leading health and beauty brand in Australia with a growing presence internationally. The brand is currently stocked in over 200 accounts across Australia and internationally. The Beauty Chef specialises in health and beauty products, that focuses on beauty from within.
The Beauty Chef lives and breathes wellness and is looking for a Finance Manager to join their team. The role is full time and based in their offices at Double Bay in the Eastern Suburbs and is situated close to public transport.
About the role
Reporting directly to the CFO, the role of Finance Manager is to provide financial counsel and a solution-oriented approach to the CFO and CEO on all finance and commercial aspects of The Beauty Chef. The responsibilities also include Risk and Compliance Management for The Beauty Chef.
The role creates shareholder value through the execution of robust Business and Financial plans, whilst also contributing to The Beauty Chef's Strategic plans, operational initiatives and policies to achieve agreed business targets and profitable growth.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manages the day to day Company finances and budgets as approved by the CFO
- Reviews and processes all petty cash in line with Company policy
- Processes export and R&D grants as approved by the CFO
- Manages budgets including revenue/ direct margin, EBITDA or CAPEX level and drives the yearly budget exercise and forecast with senior leaders
- On behalf of the CFO, embeds margin and cost focus as a part of internal controls processes
- Reports variances of revenue, OPEX and direct margin provide an accurate financial situation with identification of risk and opportunity
- Manages general accounting, cost accounting, budgeting and payroll
- Understands all of the key levers to managing and containing costs
- Contributes to policy development in the area of financial controlling
- Initiates, coordinates and tracks financial process improvements and ensures financial standards and best practice are in place
- Implements and administers accounting policies, procedures and practices
- Ensures accurate and timely recording and reporting of operating results
- Directs the preparation, consolidation and distribution of all financial and statutory reporting including annual financial statements, annual budgets, statutory and taxation returns
- Provides financial analysis, interpretation of variances from budgets and standards and advice to senior leaders
- Ensures maintenance of general accounting, cost accounting, payroll, payables and receivables and general ledger reconciliation
- Monitors banking activities of the organisation and maintains balances at banks
- Manages the company's reporting, cash flow forecast and balance sheet items, ensuring adequate cash flow to meet business needs
- Ensures adequate business insurance plans in place in line with best practice and legislation. E.g. worker's compensation General liability, travel, etc.
- Directs maintenance of fixed assets records and records related depreciation accounts and provides interpretative assistance as to the proper capitalisation/ expensing outlays, grouping of fixed assets by class and depreciation methodology
- Responsible for administration of payroll system, processing of payroll tax, processing of commissions, bonuses and all pay related payments as directed by the CEO
- Manages risk and compliance matters and activities on behalf of the CFO to ensure compliance to the laws and standards across each market the business operates within
- Understands and ensures company-wide compliance through Governance and Risk Management. Manages compliance and Risk Management projects as directed by the CFO
- Budgets developed, communicated and managed in line with agreed spend limits.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualification in a Business Degree, CA/ CPA qualified
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Has strong personal integrity and thrives in a non-hierarchical culture
- Caring and entrepreneurial culture
- Supportive business that is very team focused, with all team members supporting each other to achieve the business objectives
- Numerous growth opportunities as the business continues to grow in Australia and internationally
- Good mentoring
- Flexible work environment
- Very people focused culture, dedicated to their employees and customers
- Once a quarter the team do various team building activities such as, meditation classes and organic makeup classes
- Generous product allowance
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact Ann-Maree Chadwick, 0451 920 740 .
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's