|Job Title:||Garment Tech|
|Location:||Alexandria, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$65000 - AU$80000.00 per annum + super and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Nugent|
|Job Published:||November 02, 2019 11:38|
Inspired by trends as well as couture & runway, this business celebrates women and offers a constant array of Statement, Work, Day, Casual and formal dressing. It is your one stop shop for Feminine Special Occasion, with a signature style that resonates through all its collections.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Garment Technician with strong Women-swear - Garment Construction skills, this position coordinates development across a category of the business and will see you driving the quality and fit to ensure standards are met and exceeded through all stages of the product life-cycle process.
You will work closely with design to ensure the integrity of the design concept is preserved, whilst also ensuring approved product can be reproduced in a bulk environment.
Your prime responsibility will be to ensure garments produced satisfy quality standards in terms of fit, construction, detailing and workmanship.
- Work closely with design / buying teams to evaluate design and build range
- Prepare garment & size specifications - Excel / Tech packs
- Strong quality & technical background - Inspect, fit samples for workmanship & specification
- Fit all garments & relay comments & changes to factories
- Prepare and approve graded specs
- Coordinate care labels; wear testing and fabric testing (review and approve fabric test reports)
- Adhere to critical path and maintain time-lines
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Min 3-5 year's experience in a technical pattern development position (Pattern making knowledge)
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of garment construction, pattern-making and grading
- Strong fitting skills & communication with suppliers
- Sound understanding of the commercial production process
- A strong knowledge of fabrics and finishes (wovens & jersey fabrics for day wear and occasion wear)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Critical path management
- Strong understanding of the fit and sealing process
- Strong understanding of quality standards and legal labelling requirements
CULTURE & BENEFITS
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist / QA with great personal skills to join an exciting & fast-paced fashion environment.
A collaborative and valued team environment is on offer with training and development opportunities and generous staff discounts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application
click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Sarah Nugent at email@example.com
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's