GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST - QA
|Job Title:||GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST - QA|
|Location:||Inner Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||June 15, 2018 10:19|
- CONFIDENT 'HANDS ON' DECISION MAKER
- INNER MELB. LOCATION
- SALARY Circa $80-$95K (+ super)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Inspired by global cultures and trends in art, film, music and theatre, this Designer label celebrates creativity and offers a constant array of statement dressing - with a recognised signature style that emanates masterfully throughout all its collections.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Garment Technician / QA with strong Womenswear Garment Construction skills, this position will see you coordinating development across the collection and see you driving the quality and fit to ensure standards are met and exceeded through all stages of the product lifecycle process.
You will work closely with the designer, patternmakers and sample machinists to ensure the integrity of the design concept is preserved, whilst also ensuring approved product can be reproduced in a bulk environment.
Your prime responsibility will be to ensure garments produced satisfy quality standards in terms of fit, construction, detailing and workmanship.
- Work closely with designer to evaluate designs and build range
- Prepare garment & size specifications - Excel / Tech packs
- Strong quality & technical background - Inspect, fit samples for workmanship & specification
- Patternmaking knowledge - Fit all garments & relay comments & changes to factories
- Prepare and approve all graded specs
- Coordinate care labels and fabric testing (review and approve fabric test reports)
- Adhere to critical path and maintain timelines
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Min 5 years' experience in a senior technical pattern - development position (Pattern Making / Garment Technical, Grading)
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of garment construction, pattern-making and grading
- Strong fitting skills
- Strong communication skills with offshore suppliers
- Sound understanding of the commercial production process
- A strong knowledge of fabrics and finishes (high end)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Critical path management
- Management of the fit and sealing / approval process
- Coordination of quality standards and legal labelling requirements
- Experience working on direct development with China
CULTURE & BENEFITS
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced garment technologist with great personal skills to join an exciting fashion environment.
A small collaborative and valued team environment is on offer with travel opportunities and generous staff discounts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application (open to Australian / NZ - permanent residents only)
click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please call Colette on 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.scarlettrecruitment.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's