GENERAL MANAGER - STRONG TRADING / RETAIL SKILLS
|Job Title:||GENERAL MANAGER - STRONG TRADING / RETAIL SKILLS|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$250000 - AU$300000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gai Scarlett|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2019 09:11|
With a reputation for carrying brands that represent classic and contemporary styling, this apparel retailer is looking to strengthen the business by securing a commercial GM that brings extensive retail trade and product skills to the team.
This role requires extensive retail trading experience with an understanding of buying, design and supplier management.
You will be a strategic leader with the ability to execute promotional activities that drive sales and bottom line profitability.
We are looking for candidates who have strong knowledge of the Australian retail landscape and direct experience within a volume multi branded retail space, and knows how to trade successfully in an ever changing apparel retail climate.
You will be tasked with driving product through 100 plus stores,assume responsibility for budget setting, delivering exceptional customer experience and improve the overall brand ranking.
Your broad understanding of the buying,product development process will be highly regarded,as will your strength in delivering strong financial retail results.
This is a desirable role for an existing Retail GM, or an ambitious Brand Manager, ready for their next step into GM, who brings a strong commercial eye for product and one who has traded a successful retail business.
- Provide a customer-focused, market-driven approach to strategic planning (know your customer, understand changing market variables)
- Lead strategic planning to identify new line expansion opportunities
- Assist with the Design direction in line with current seasonality cycle
- Involved in the achievement of growth targets and the overall financial performance of the brand
- Responsible for setting and achieving financial performance
- Develop processes and range plans to ensure efficiency's in the design/ development, buying and sourcing processes
- Cultivating a team culture to generate a fresh perspective
- Review design, production sales and delivery departments
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Pre-Production process, ensuring best practice in systems
- Lead the development of category tactics in the areas of assortment planning, pricing, promotions, replenishment and ranging
- Review merchandise performance on a regular basis
- Lead the definition of the customer and market parameters (profiling)
- Review the Marketing goals of the company including, planning, scheduling, budgeting and operational requirements
- Provide promotional direction to the team to establish budgets, report on results and forecast as required
- Deliver sustainable financial results to the CFO in line with budget/forecast and market expectation
- Integrate the planning of sales, stock levels, stock turns, margins and mark-down for each category into annual budgeting processes
- Manage the product selection with agreed OTB
- Liaise with the CEO on key strategic and daily operational matters
To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate extensive retail apparel knowledge and its application. You will have a recent history of achievement throughout this industry and be known for your excellence in building internal and external relationships.
This role requires highly developed budgeting and product skills to complement your proven business and commercial acumen. First-class influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills are essential.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated in strict confidence.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to email@example.com quoting Ref #8326.
For further opportunities: www.tshr.com.au.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's