Head of Merchandise
|Job Title:||Head of Merchandise|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||December 12, 2020 13:17|
- Australia wide chain celebrating over 30 years of history and success - combines franchise & company owned stores - embarking on transformational change!
- Prefer consumer electronics, auto, furniture, white/bulky goods, even trade background.
- Supplier negotiations, range planning for stores, category management development, direct sourcing opportunities, promotions management.
For over 30 years this Australia wide chain, approaching 100 stores - franchise and company owned - has built significant brand equity & reputation by delivering high quality product & services to a loyal customer base. With a significant change agenda underway, they are about to embark on their next chapter which will see major transformation and growth.
Are you an experienced and passionate Head of Merchandise? Our client is seeking someone who is hands-on and can drive a small team and lead the brand strategically to be more effective in its merchandise management. You will enjoy working in an environment that is based on collaboration, creativity and values.
You will report directly to the Managing Director and be an integral member of the executive team. Key responsibilities will include building strong trade partner connection and communication, drive supplier negotiations, range planning, promotional management, pricing strategy, import sourcing opportunities, product development and stock turn improvement. Key deliverables for the role will include profitable sales growth and gross margin expansion whilst delivering an enhanced customer offer.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to a demonstrate a record of achievement in a merchandise management leadership role preferably in an environment of transformation or major change, ideally within auto, electrical, toys, pet, general merchandise or hard goods. Your background will also include:
- Exposure to all aspects of the merchandise function, including buying, sourcing, product development, category management, promotional execution and merchandise planning.
- Results driven, you are an effective influencer and communicator, able to demonstrate strong leadership and initiative, along with strong supplier relationship and negotiation skills.
Please apply by sending a Word resume quoting job reference #9480 and your application will be directed to Garry Connell. Please note, only successful applicants will be notified.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's