HEAD OF PLANNING
|Job Title:||HEAD OF PLANNING|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||attractive salary pkg|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2018 10:49|
- Salary Circa $150k
- Advanced Retail Planning Skills
- Parking On-site & Generous Discounts
- City Fringe
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established, premium and loved Australian Homewares retailer with over 40 stores operating Nationally. This retailer boasts a strong customer experience and solid customer base, they also offer an online store option. The brand has certainly created their signature and shape inspirational havens of uncomplicated, effortless and affordable style that appeals to a broad audience.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of 'Retail' Planning will be at senior level to support the team structure and will be responsible for managing all elements of Planning, Analysis and Logistics to achieve accurate Merchandise Plans and a cost-effective distribution of products, in-line with margins and sales requirements. The Head of Planning effectively leads, motivates and develops the team and implements key strategies to deliver on sales growth profitability & performance. Working closely with the head of Creative & Buying team you will play a critical role in building commercially viable products and range requirements across multiple categories.
- Responsible for Merchandise Planner, Allocator and Logistics Manager. Works closely with Head of Creative & Buying team
- Strategic range management across categories & suppliers
- Advanced Planning - Strategic Framework across Sales, Stock, Intake & Margin
- Stock Optimisation - Supply and Store / On-line Assortment (all channels)
- Supplier & Critical Path Management
- Analysis within categories - Suppliers, Inventory, Costs, Forecasts, Demand, Sell Through & Distribution
- Reporting on sales and margins / profits & Stock to compare and ensure accuracy in forecasts
- Manage Budgets, OTB & Sell Prices
- Clearance and obsolete stock management
- Lead and develop direct reports
- Monitor logistics and freight + service level agreements for 3PL
- Monitor Customs compliance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for an experienced Head Planner to join a small dedicated team and impart their expertise across the retail planning function using sophisticated tools and systems.
We are ideally looking for a sound knowledge of retail business planning (department store or multi store planning)
- Proven track record of effective stock management (ideally homewares, soft furnishings or similar seasonal and ongoing multiple category retail)
- An understanding of all critical path elements and their impact on delivery
- Strong financial and commercial business acumen with proactive commercial recommendations and follow up actions to support trade improvements.
- Ideal would be your knowledge of Branded Merchandise, Private Label brands and High Street competitors and able to form educated opinions to effect commercial decisions.
- Ability to manage key relationships effectively to deliver the business strategy
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with team
- Be a confident and engaging communicator with the ability to deliver & present data
- Ability to coach and develop - Lead, drive team
- High Attention to Detail and solution driven
- Advanced EXCEL
On offer is an opportunity to lead a collaborative Retail Planning Team in a strategic and creative environment. This is an exciting time to join this established retailer who have seen solid growth and are therefore growing their footprint in the current market. There is On-site Parking and the remuneration package on offer includes an attractive salary, plus superannuation, generous staff discounts, and bonus.
This position is open to local & PR candidates with multi-retail store planning experience (from Fashion, Homewares, department store - multi category retail)
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, Due to the high number of applications received only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide any relevant PR / Visa details with your application.
Click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on: 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au