Head of Property and Leasing
|Job Title:||Head of Property and Leasing|
|Contact Name:||Phoebe Carpender|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2019 14:03|
Our Melbourne based client is a household name and for over 3 decades has continued to grow, evolve and adapt to ever changing market conditions. Spread evenly across Australia the majority of stores are in major malls, although a significant number of regional stores are in strip locations.
As Head of Property and Leasing you will be supported by a small team and contribute to the profitability and growth of the group through the management of all matters property and leasing including store location strategy, portfolio management and lease negotiation with all levels of landlord.
Specially your duties will include:
- Develop, implement and maintain a store location strategy including future trade areas and location priorities, based on continuing analysis of market trends and current store performance.
- Develop, manage and maintain a continual property review which includes a review of developers, major landlords and agents, targeted search within priority trade areas, input from Area Managers and acquisition opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate process is in place to optimise the potential for lease incentives and fit out monies or compensation for re-locations.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for essential services for all locations (i.e. building security, air-conditioning and maintenance) to ensure competitive and consistent rates are achieved.
- Ensure all ongoing location maintenance is performed in a timely manner to maintain cost effective rates
- Proactively forecast future lease renewals to ensure negotiations deliver favourable outcomes within required time frames.
- Co-ordinate and manage lease negotiations to ensure agreed terms proposals align to pre-established operational and financial criteria with particular emphasis on occupancy costs and escalation clauses for all Store, DC and SSC properties.
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place to monitor current and future environmental impacts are identified and appropriate compensation is received for adverse impacts to each location.
Candidates should have a track record of achievement in a similar role - either within a major retail chain or within a major landlord. Candidates whose background is predominantly only leasing will also be considered, but additional site strategy experience would be an advantage, as would tertiary qualifications.
Your proven ability to be hands on, be able to communicate with and support all levels throughout the organisation, to understand the importance of internal controls and systems, and lead your team by example are all key. Finally, a focus on providing and improving service, meeting deadlines, being accurate, the ability to understand the business, and a passion to both be the best and enjoy what you do are all critical to your success.
Please reply (email preferred) to email@example.com in confidence quoting reference 9073.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's