HR and Payroll Manager
|Job Title:||HR and Payroll Manager|
|Location:||Inner Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||October 31, 2018 14:00|
About the company
The client is a leading multi branded Australian retailer with stores across Australia.
With over 400 stores and 5000 employees, the retailer is not slowing down any time soon.
About the role
The newly created HR and Payroll Manager role will act as the 2IC for the Head of HR. The HR and Payroll Manager will manage the payroll team and support the HR function.
This role is full time and based in the Alexandria and Rosebery area and close to public transport.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage a small team of payroll officers.
- Responsible for review of processing and payment of weekly and monthly payroll, including the payment of commissions to retail staff.
- Calculating, processing and payment of monthly payroll taxes in relevant states.
- Review the payment of monthly superannuation contributions.
- Manage the payment of worker's compensation claims
- Resolving and answering payroll related queries.
- Take the lead with sourcing a new payroll system and setting up a new ERP system.
- Manage the onboarding process.
- Ensure effective on boarding and orientation programs are in place for new hires.
- Perform the role of 'trusted advisor' to coach and support senior leadership team on escalated and senior issues.
- Work with managers to identify HR issues and problems and provides leadership and support in finding solutions.
- Provide advisory support to line managers on performance related matters.
- Ensure talent, succession and workforce planning support improved business performance and growth.
- Proactively manage Employment Relations and Workplace Health and Safety issues before they surface.
- Report on key data on employment related metrics for corporate governance to CEO, Board or statutory authorities as required.
Skills & experience
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Thorough understanding of the General Retail Award and Employment Law in Australia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with change management and process implementation
- Strong knowledge of and experience with payroll systems
What is on offer?
- A great working culture
- Attractive salary
- Generous employee discounts and benefits
- Career progression
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel Walker-Cole, 02 9023 1013.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's