|Job Title:||HR Head|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$100000 - AU$140000 per annum + super + tools of trade + discounts|
|Contact Name:||Honor Makita|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2020 17:00|
Our client, a successful, high-volume fashion retailer with over 100 stores, is seeking an experienced and passionate HR Manager.
In this key leadership role, you will work with the senior leadership team and partner with retail operations to drive culture, performance, workforce planning, development and organisational change, to support the achievement of strategic and operational goals across the business.
You must be a confident self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and be willing to get stuck into the operational, day to day running of the HR function as well as driving the strategy.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations to minimise overall risk associated with the ongoing practices in the company.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the General Retail (Industry) Award 2010 and the Storage Services and Wholesale Award 2010
- Lead the development of field teams in areas of leadership and management and championing a culture of customer satisfaction
- Support succession planning for all team members
- Provide clarification and support to employees regarding HR policies and processes in a way that builds manager confidence, capability and self-sufficiency
- Develop and manage the HRIS and e-learning platforms to support effective training and employee engagement
- Support managers and employees around code of conduct, performance, discrimination and grievances
- Drive the workplace safety culture and support the roll out of Work Health & Safety in Stores, Warehouse and Head Office ensuring all areas are compliant and issues are followed up in a timely manner
- Act as the Return to Work Coordinator for the business and manage all workers compensation cases
- Develop, review, evolve and implement HR policies, procedures and guidelines for the efficient and effective operations of the business
- General HR administration, support and other ad-hoc projects/tasks. Partner with payroll functions to ensure compliance regarding employee entitlements (leave, long service etc.)
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- HR experience in a fast-paced, customer-facing retail environment or relevant similar experience
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or related discipline
- Experience in facilitation and Train the Trainer highly desirable
- General understanding of workers compensation and work health and safety
- General knowledge on Fair Work Act and General Retail Industry Award is highly desirable
- Ability to operate with a high degree of detail, flexibility, innovation and autonomy
- Ability to remain collected under pressure, a positive attitude, solutions focused and highly pro-active
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #9284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only those applicants with relevant Retail industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's