Junior Garment Tech
|Job Title:||Junior Garment Tech|
|Location:||Surry Hills, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$60000 - AU$70000 per annum + super and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Nugent|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 16:34|
Junior Garment Tech
Well known and reputable Australian fashion brand based in Surry Hills is seeking an experienced Garment Tech to join their business! *Please note this role requires fluent Mandarin speaking.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Create garments and measurement specifications for each new style.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure accurate understanding and translation of the intended design.
- Provide suggestions of the best way to construct or adjust garment and resolve any potential style and fit issues.
- Measure & process all samples against specifications sent to the vendors and make comments on construction/make issues.
- Organise and attend fit sessions and provide technical advice.
- Identify and prevent potential production and QC problems.
- Ensure size standards, construction and fit of samples/production are consistent.
- Grade all specs for production.
- Adherence to time lines and timely sign off on all development and production fits.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- 3-4 years experience in a similar role, fashion apparel experience a must. (woman's)
- High attention to detail and be able to prioritise your time.
- Qualifications in design/pattern making and strong garment construction experience preferable.
- Ability to problem solve and foresee any potential fit issues.
- Advanced knowledge of grading
- Quality control expertise
- Microsoft Office skills
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills
- Fabric knowledge preferred
In return we offer:
- A great salary package and location
- Staff discounts and benefits
- A great culture and fun / friendly work environment
- progression and ongoing support
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this role, please apply now!
alternatively you can send your CV directly to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's