|Job Title:||Managing Director|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2020 18:17|
Established in 1978 our client combines both company owned and franchised stores as part of a national network that have a strong reputation for offering a great range of product along with exceptional product knowledge and advise. Operating in both B to B and B to C, they are at the early stages of a major transformation to further upgrade their place in the market, their way of doing business and their level of customer service. Trade through Covid 19 has been strong.
As MD you will report to the Chair and the board and your responsibilities will include:
- To lead the strategic and operational management of the company.
- Drive sustainable company sales, margin and profit growth and continually improve KPI's and OKR's to lead industry standards.
- Management of all key functional areas including merchandise, retail operations, Planning, Logistics & DC, Finance and People &Culture.
- Updating the board on the implementation of agreed strategies, plans and business performance metrics.
- Ensuring adherence to standards for social, ethical and environmental practises.
- Providing inspirational leadership with responsibility for continual cultural improvement.
- Ensure technology resources are maintained and developed
- Manage relationships with key suppliers, contractors, and member owners.
- Manage leasing and site selection.
- Ensuring range development is well managed with the desired focus of private label.
To be successful for this role you will need experience in a similar CEO/MD role within a small to medium retail organisation. A background in hard goods, hardware, automotive, trade, furniture, bedding or franchise/ membership alternatively is of interest. Tertiary qualifications are also an advantage, as is some experience in B2B environments.
Other attributes include:
- Effectively plan workload & prioritise tasks and achieve deadlines
- Be a clear communicator & negotiator with the ability to influence and work well with a variety of people
- Have strong leadership, management and coaching skills to develop others
- Commercial aptitude, InDesign skills and trend awareness
- Ability to balance creativity with retail commercial thinking
- Strong personal integrity who thrives in a non-hierarchical environment.
Finally, a focus on providing and improving service, meeting deadlines, being accurate, the ability to understand the business, and a passion to both be the best and enjoy what you do are all critical to your success.
Please reply (email preferred) to Garry in confidence at email@example.com quoting reference 9414.