|Job Title:||Merchandise Planner|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||December 16, 2019 15:50|
Established and thriving Retail Fashion House are keen to on-board a Senior Merchandise Planner to work on one of their high profiles Women's Fashion Brands. In this role you will work closely with the Brand GM & Buyer, liaising daily with your small planning team to maintain budgets and margins and ensure product across all categories is planned to achieve maximum gross profit.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Team management, coaching & mentoring
- Merchandise planning strategy & negotiation
- Management of OTB
- Establish detailed buying plans according to seasonal and budgetary requirements
- Develop seasonal budgets in line with financial objectives
- Overseeing the planning and re-forecasting of key items and volume lines
- Anticipate consumer trends and determine style and quantity of goods to be purchased.
- Range Assortment Planning
- Seasonal Strategies by Category
- Reporting and overseeing complete weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual reports
- Financial Reporting - provide future purchase forecasts
- Analysis - review reports, interpret & provide recommendations for proactive or corrective actions to improve gross profit
- Oversee Inventory Management - monitoring of stock performance
- Distribution - liaise with distribution sources and communication of distribution plans to buying team and stores
- Communication - Build strong relationships with internal teams and develop effective supplier relationships
- Presenting at key business meetings, including OTB, CEO meetings and Strategy meetings
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Women's fashion Apparel planning experience
- Customer centric focus
- Strong retail and commercial acumen
- Experience achieving budgeted sales results in a high-volume environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Deadline driven and results focused
- Advanced knowledge & experience using excel as well as other reporting tools
Your expertise and proven success in PLANNING is crucial in the continued elevation of this brand
The successful candidate will be able to clearly communicate their commercial retail acumen, analytical and tactical aptitude and will have a minimum of 5 years within women's fashion retail - planning.
Your key attributes include a high level of energy and enthusiasm and the ability to lead by example.
Please note, only successful candidates will be notified.
All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents or candidates with applicable Visas) with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide a Cover Letter, Resume & all relevant Visa details with your application.
APPLY NOW - Attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's