MERCHANDISE PLANNER - LEAD
|Job Title:||MERCHANDISE PLANNER - LEAD|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2021 12:16|
Senior - Lead - Merchandise Planner
Established and thriving Retail Fashion House with offices in Sydney & Melbourne are keen to on-board a Senior Merchandise Planner to lead planning for one of their high profiles Women's Fashion Brands.
In this role you will work closely with the Buyer, liaising daily with your planning team to maintain budgets and margins and ensure product across all categories is planned to achieve maximum gross profit.
This role reports directly into the GM and has 3 direct reports.
The role is based in the Sydney office (North-side)
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Team management, coaching & mentoring.
- Merchandise planning strategy & negotiation
- Management of OTB
- Establish detailed buying plans according to seasonal and budgetary requirements.
- Develop seasonal budgets in line with financial objectives.
- Overseeing the planning and re-forecasting of key items and volume lines
- Anticipate consumer trends and determine style and quantity of goods to be purchased.
- Range Assortment Planning
- Seasonal Strategies by Category
- Reporting and overseeing complete weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual reports
- Financial Reporting - provide future purchase forecasts.
- Analysis - review reports, interpret & provide recommendations for proactive or corrective actions to improve gross profit.
- Oversee Inventory Management - monitoring of stock performance.
- Distribution - liaise with distribution sources and communication of distribution plans to buying team and stores.
- Communication - Build strong relationships with internal teams and develop effective supplier relationships.
- Presenting at key business meetings, including OTB, CEO meetings and Strategy meetings
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Women's fashion Apparel planning experience
- Customer centric focus
- Minimum 10 years planning experience (min 5 years in planning women's fashion)
- Strong retail and commercial acumen
- Experience achieving budgeted sales results in a high-volume environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Deadline driven and results focused.
- Advanced knowledge & experience using excel as well as other reporting tools.
Your expertise and proven success in PLANNING is crucial in the continued elevation of this brand.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly communicate their commercial retail acumen, analytical and tactical aptitude and will have a minimum of 5 years within womens fashion retail - planning.
Your key attributes include a high level of energy and enthusiasm and the ability to lead by example.
PLEASE NOTE: only successful candidates will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
This role is only open to Australian Residents and candidates currently living in Australia holding applicable Visas with relevant industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a Cover Letter attached to your CV (include all Visa details with your application).
APPLY NOW by attaching your resume/documents, (word docs preferred) Your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's