Technical Design Room Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Design Room Manager|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Helen Shields|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2022 14:54|
This role will be responsible for overseeing the development workflow for the pattern sheet handover of samples, production workflow from SMS sample to PPS and PPS to bulk approval in line with seasonal production schedules. You will work closely with the Design Studio Directors, Design Room Managers and Production Coordinators to ensure the high quality product is achieved.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with patternmakers to achieve the best fit in line with the Senior Design Directors and Creative Directors vision.
- Monitor Pattern interpretation rate from design to actual sample styles.
- Responsible for checking all fit models' measurements to ensure that they are in line with our measurements and to make patternmakers aware of any measurements that are not specific to the standard measurement to prevent any fit issues.
- Work alongside the QA Manager to identify any inconsistencies between styles in fabric and trim before development.
- Ensure that all production schedules are met and communicated with the pattern makers so that the needs of all departments are achieved across all key seasonal deadlines.
Required skills and expertise:
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar role, ideally within a Luxury brand.
- Tertiary qualifications in Fashion from a respected institution and have achieved outstanding results.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of garment construction, fit, finish and pattern making.
- Computer skilled, particularly in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Illustrator. Gerber, Style Cad or Lectra experience is desirable but not a requirement.
- Be able to combine creative and technical skills.
- Can work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Be exceptionally well organized with the ability to problem solve efficiently and work reactively to change.
This is an opportunity for applicants who strive for excellence in their field.
To apply, please use the appropriate link quoting reference #9775
Telephone enquiries can be made to Helen Shields on 0424 188 080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's