|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2021 14:57|
PATTERN MAKER & DESIGN ROOM MANAGER - CREATIVE
Established Bespoke Designer Label is keen to on-board a highly skilled and creative Pattern-maker to turn designs into reality. Creative vision and eye for detail and proportion is essential.
This role reports directly to the Head Designer
Manual and CAD pattern-making experience along with design room organisation essential.
The role of creative Draper - Pattern-maker / Design Room Manager is to assist the Designer & Team in the development and production of the collections.
- Manual Draping, Patterns (CAD pattern exp.)
- Assisting the design team in preparing design specifications
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS ROLE:
- Design Room Assistant
- Sample machinist
- Highly organised, strong time management & Follow through skills essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer skills, - Harmony experience Ideal
- Creative & detail eye
- High Taste Level
- Draping & Toille development
- Pattern making - CAD skills (Lectra, Gerber, StyleCAD) Training on in-house system will be provided.
- Problem solving
- Sketching ability
- Hands on Development / Sewing - mock ups
- Design Room Management of Design Assistant and Sample Machinist
- Work closely with Designer on Trend Research
- Developing original ideas
- Draping Garments / Manual Pattern-making / CAD Pattern-making/ Design Specifications
- Working with the machinists to produce samples and makes instructions
- Fitting and adjusting patterns & specs - ready for production.
- Producing pattern spec sheets and make instructions
- Digitising patterns & grading
- Handover of collection to production
- Handover BOM spreadsheet (covering fabrics usage, Trims, details & cutting plan)
- Management of makers
- Identifying opportunities to improve aspects of the design room
This role is open to Australian Permanent Residents only
For more Info on this rare and exciting opportunity to join a long established Design House
Please send your CV and short cover letter outlining your experience to Colette Wilsher
PLEASE NOTE: only successful candidates will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a Cover Letter attached to your CV
APPLY NOW by attaching your resume/documents, (word docs preferred)
For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's