Payroll and HR Manager
|Job Title:||Payroll and HR Manager|
|Location:||Alexandria, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 10:27|
About the company
The client is a leading Australian retailer with over 300 stores across Australia and 3000 employees.
About the role
The Payroll and HR Manager role will report into the Head of HR, and manage the payroll function and provide additional HR support to the business. The Payroll and HR Manager will also work closely with the senior leadership team to provide payroll and HR advice.
This role is full time and based in the Alexandria area and close to public transport.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage a small team of payroll officers.
- Responsible for review of processing and payment of weekly and monthly payroll.
- Responsible for review of processing and payment of weekly and monthly payroll, including the payment of commissions to retail staff.
- Calculating, processing and payment of monthly payroll taxes in relevant states.
- Review the payment of monthly superannuation contributions.
- Manage the payment of worker's compensation claims
- Resolving and answering payroll related queries.
- Take the lead with sourcing a new payroll system and setting up a new ERP system.
- Manage the onboarding process.
- Ensure effective on boarding and orientation programs are in place for new hires.
- Perform the role of 'trusted advisor' to coach and support senior leadership team on escalated and senior issues.
- Work with managers to identify HR issues and problems and provides leadership and support in finding solutions.
- Provide advisory support to line managers on performance related matters.
- Ensure talent, succession and workforce planning support improved business performance and growth.
- Proactively manage Employment Relations and Workplace Health and Safety issues before they surface.
- Report on key data on employment related metrics for corporate governance to CEO, Board or statutory authorities as required.
Skills & experience
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Thorough understanding of the General Retail Award and Employment Law in Australia
- Experience working for a Publicly Listed Company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with change management and process implementation
- Strong knowledge of and experience with payroll systems
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel Walker-Cole, 02 9023 1013.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's