|Job Title:||Product Developer|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Hayley Martin|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 12:08|
Our client is a Sydney based womenswear brand with a global following. They currently have an opening for a Product Developer to work within their design team and support the Designers in producing collections that perpetuate the brand's reputation for quality & class with emphasis on fabrications, details & finishes whilst retaining the brands unique aesthetic.
As an experienced Product Developer you will be hands on and your aim will be to maintain the quality and craftsmanship the label has built its reputation on. A good working relationship with the all departments will enable you to operate effectively and consistently to meet critical path dates. In addition you will be required to coordinate all aspects of the development process.
- Assist in developing high quality collections
- Prepare technical sketches and spec sheets in-line with production requirements
- Select fabrics in order to achieve the product objective and budgetary requirements
- Coordinate the flow of activities from the product conception to sample, for timely and quality delivery
- Liaise with offshore factories on direct developments
- Attend product and fit meetings, sign offs
- Overseas research trips
- Strong hand sketching along with Illustrator & Photoshop skills
- Manage the process from design into sample stage
- Ordering and tracking of fabric sampling
- Responsibility for all trims and accessories for garments
- Maintain critical path
Previous experience working in a development, yet creative environment is critical to ensure an appreciation for managing the delivery of the highest quality apparel. To be successful in this role you must be extremely motivated, ambitious and have exceptional communication skills which are essential to the ongoing development of relationships with retail buyers and suppliers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a professional creative team in an established and successful business. They offer a modern work environment in a central location. Your achievements will be noted and rewarded accordingly.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting SHM or call Hayley on 82235300
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's