|Job Title:||NPD Manager|
|Location:||Double Bay, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2021 09:20|
About The Beauty Chef
The Beauty Chef is a leading health and beauty brand in Australia with a growing presence internationally. The brand is currently stocked in over 200 accounts across Australia and internationally, namely- Sephora, David Jones and Adore Beauty. The Beauty Chef specialises in health and beauty products, that focusses on beauty from within.
The Beauty Chef lives and breathes wellness and is looking for a Product Innovation and Development Manager that is aligned to the Brand Values. The role full time based in their office in Double Bay and close to public transport.
About the role
The role of the NPD Manager is to manage Product Innovation, R&D and NPD processes for The Beauty Chef, for the development of innovative formulas and products across both inner beauty and skincare categories.
Duties & responsibilities
- Collaborates with the CEO and Creative Director to develop New Products and reformulate existing product as required.
- Brings strategic insight and technical expertise to product innovation and development.
- Project manages new product development across all categories.
- Assists CEO and Creative Director with product ideation, formula and range development.
- Communicates and ensures all relevant cross-functional stakeholders are up to date in R&D/ NPD and Regulatory developments and requirements.
- Ensures products developed comply with regulatory, cost, time and quality standards.
- Looks for opportunities globally to continuously improve existing inner beauty products and efficacy in line with business, customer and market requirements.
- Studies skincare and inner beauty industry trends from a Product Innovation and Product Development to identify opportunities.
- Provides objective, practical, commercial scientific advice and counsel on Formulation matters.
- Maintains strong relationships with the internal teams and other key external stakeholders.
- QA/QC Management
- Technical Management
- Technical Packaging Management
- Packaging Design
- Formulation Direction
- Lab testing
- Raw Materials
- Regulatory & safety compliance
- Research support - formulas, technical packaging
- Business Case & NPD Briefing processes
- Budget Management
- Vendor Agreement negotiations
- Innovation / ingredients futures (10%)
- Full time capacity
- Permanent role
- Previous leadership experience - various size teams, operating at various levels of experience
- Primary: Food & Medicine // Secondary: Skincare
- Project Management - leading end-to-end, key stakeholder engagement, systems and processes (Critical path scheduling)
- Contract Manufacturer turnkey philosophy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must
- Consumer trials end-to-end management
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with FSANZ and TGA regulations (NZ, FDA and/or UK desirable)
- Well networked in Food & Medicine segment
- Passion for small business and entrepreneurial
- Grasp breadth of role, call on their resources and network as needed
- Strong communication, leadership and motivational skills
The business is very supportive with numerous growth opportunities as the business continues to grow in Australia and internationally. The workplace is very team focussed, with all team members supporting each other to achieve the business objectives.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- The culture is team focussed and supportive.
- Very people focussed culture, dedicated to their employees and customers.
- Once a quarter the team do various team building activities such as, meditation classes and organic makeup classes.
- Generous product allowance.
We are PASSIONATE- Using our knowledge and insights to drive results
We are SUPPORTIVE- Encouraging personal and professional growth to set each other up for success
We are AUTHENTIC- Our care and consideration for our Brand as well as our team is genuine
The Beauty Chef is proud of their commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants for jobs will be considered on their abilities and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, family or carer's responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction, social origin or any other irrelevant distinction.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel Walker-Cole, 0422 163 400.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's