Production & Design Assistant
|Job Title:||Production & Design Assistant|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$60000 - AU$65000 per annum + super and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Nugent|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2019 16:11|
Our client specialises in branded and contemporary woman's apparel, they are currently looking to appoint a Junior / Intermediate Product Developer with solid critical path management skills to maintain communication with their factories and to support their account managers across various womenswear categories.
Working as the Design and production assistant you will utilise your Production, Sales and Design background to produce womenswear that is trend based and commercial, of high quality and wearable. In addition, you will be required to coordinate all aspects of the Development, Fitting and Production process. You must have technical drawing / CAD skills to support the volume of work of this successful fashion & lifestyle brand wholesaler. This role is customer facing, meaning you will need to be confident, well presented, personable and a very clear communicator.
- Manage & track process from design handover to shipment
- Responsible for style set up & coordinating tech packs, meeting stages of critical path development, sign off on lab dips, print strike offs, trims + fitting samples and sending alteration comments & approvals to offshore factories.
- Work closely with Acc. Manager to update garment costs, margins, lead times and minimums
- Responsible for maintaining critical path and reporting on progress at weekly production meetings.
- Storyboards and Cads support / technical sketches
- Work closely with the buyers, sit in on meetings, and be the go-to person for style information.
Essential skills include:
- Personable & excellent communicator
- Excel knowledge
- Seams, Harmony, AP21 or similar experience highly regarded
- Strong organisational skills
- Bright, diligent and hardworking personality
- Illustrator, Photoshop skills for CADS Technical sketches
Previous experience working in a production / development role in a creative FAST PACED environment is critical to ensure an appreciation for managing quick turn around and delivery of quality apparel.
To be successful in this role you must be extremely motivated, ambitious and have exceptional communication skills which are essential to the ongoing development of relationships with retail buyers and suppliers.
As this business is expanding rapidly - There is definitely room to grow.
Successful candidates who show promise will be rewarded and given opportunities to grow their skills. If you have previous product development experience with trend led - woman's apparel and would like to be part of this great team please email me your detailed resume.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application
Please APPLY NOW and attach a detailed WORD doc. resume (+ Small Tech/Design Folio PDF)
Your application will be directed to Sarah Nugent
For more information you can contact Sarah via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by phone 0424455341
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's