Production & Development Manager
|Job Title:||Production & Development Manager|
|Location:||Inner Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2019 11:00|
Fashion Production & Development Manager - with Current Exposure to Offshore Manufacturing Processes
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A well-established iconic global Intimates Brand are looking to appoint a Production Manager to oversee & maintain effective production and critical path procedures. A working knowledge of garment supply chain processes is critical, both local and offshore.
This is a strategic & hands on role requiring a committed and organised individual with strong and effective communication skills, coordinating with internal teams to manage the critical path. Your main duties will be liaising with factories, sourcing, negotiating costs, building relationships and managing time-lines and production flow to deliver to schedule.
- Creation and management of Development, Sampling and bulk Production Calendar
- Vendor management
- Critical Path - key deadline coordination for sampling & bulk production - internal and external partners to meet schedule for on-time delivery for local & global customer delivery windows
- Lead all facets of the QC process, across all stages of production (materials and product)
- Item creation and maintenance
- Negotiation of all MOQ's and MCQ's with vendors
- Drive vendor performance reviews and style allocation of vendors each season with the design team
- Assist in sourcing of new vendors, coordinate new vendor set-up and maintenance of company vendor manual
- Manage on-time delivery of all samples for photo shoots and sales showings
- Communication of any delivery changes to effected key stakeholders
- Management, negotiation & approval of all labelling and packaging
- Prepare reports for production and delivery updates
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- High Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills, strong understanding of cost structure
- 5+ year's experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of garment construction
- Strong Computer literacy with MS Office, especially Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English language skills - written and spoken
- Intermediate to advanced level Ms Excel skills
- Organised and methodical approach
- Lingerie or Swimwear experience ideal
To be considered for this role you must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines. You will also have a sound knowledge of apparel / intimate's development & production procedures.
It is essential you recognise the importance of being a team player and have previous experience working with a wide range of people at all levels within an organisation.
This is an exciting time to join this established business optimising their reach and increasing their footprint globally. The remuneration package on offer includes an attractive base salary, plus superannuation & generous staff discounts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, Due to the high number of applications received only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply 'click' APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc resume - your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on: 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Production & Design Assistant
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$60000 - AU$65000 per annum + super and benefits
Production and Logistics coordinator
AU$60000.00 - AU$65000 per annum
Marrickville, New South Wales
Product & Graphic Designer - South Melbourne
SE Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
AU$70000.00 - AU$80000.00 per annum
Alexandria, New South Wales